Ask me tomorrow
    Tarp
    Old Blue
    Insulation
    DIY, HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Agnostic
    Images
    For me (I voted "sometimes"), it depends on who I'm hangin' with. Many of my friends & family have RVs, but others are up for backpackin' to a more remote location. I also do a little motorcycle / quad camping and some kayak camping. I used to like horseback camping, too, but my back can't handle that anymore.

Honestly? It really depends on who is going out with me. I just like going out, regardless.

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss No Se-em Mesh
    Tarp
    Outdoor Edge 8x10
    Insulation
    Insultex
    Suspension
    Whoppie Slings
    Images
    I like to camp however I can. I like it all, just being outside and in the woods is the best place to be. It does not matter what type of camping that I do, I always seem to see something different or learn something new. It also exciting to see how other people camp and show them about your gear. I have been in cub and boy scouting for a while now, which makes me realize that our future depends upon us sharing our experiences with our youth. They soon will be in our shoes, hopefully carrying on our traditions.

Share the journey, Pass it on

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I used to alot with my wife and daughter when she was really young. It was fun with them. They are not into it now ...they like resorts with spas.

But car camping.... seems someone always has a radio playing and car doors slamming and the ding, ding, ding of an open door with a key in the ignition makes me run for the hills. Or valleys. Or prairie. But mostly the piney woods.
    Shug the Loner
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    HH A-sym snake skins, hex tarp
    Tarp
    General's Custom
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear 3/4
    Suspension
    tree hugger
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Raul Perez View Post
    I voted sometimes. I honestly try not to as I really like the ability to go where I want and camp where I want with my hammock. Most car camping grounds dont allow hammocking at the sites. I found a few but since the scenery is crap it's not really worth it to me unless my buddies (who dont hike) want a camp out for the weekend.
    I had no idea, but there again I have a camo tarp, most of the time they drive by and just see the car or camper, never the tarp.
    There was an Old Man with a owl,
    Who continued to bother and howl;
    He sat on a rail, And imbibed bitter ale,
    Which refreshed that Old Man and his owl
    .WOO

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 double layer
    Tarp
    Big Mamajamba Spin
    Insulation
    JRB Mt Wash4
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    My wife broke her ankle two years ago while car camping at Hunting Island SC so if she goes with me its by car since she can't hike in anymore. Otherwise I prefer to hike in usually solo.
    You have nothing to fear but fear itself (and bears)

Hammock
    DIY 1.1 dbl w/DIY Risk style bugnet
    Tarp
    DIY WW camo rect.
    Insulation
    DIY SB UQ/ IX UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    I voted "sometimes".
    I like what-ever outdoors I can get. My wife and I rv camp with family, I canoe camp in the Boundary Waters with the fishing "guys", and I backpack with friends when I can. Still need MORE.
    The trees are drawing me near, I've got to find out why?
    Those gentle voices I hear, explain it all with a sigh.
    "Tuesday Afternoon" Moody Blues

Even duct-tape can't fix stupid.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Sil Hex
    Insulation
    JRB Mt. Washington
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I do a fair bit of car camping. My vacations revolve around my motorcycle. I will load up for as ltittle as three days ripping around to as long as 2 weeks on the road. Car camping is just a lot more agreeable when you have spent 6 or 7 hours riding narrow, two lane, twisty black top. A shower is nice, and having a grocery store near by to get some fresh and some beer makes a good day even better.

That said, when the occasion allows for it, hiking is a nice way to get to camp too.

Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.7
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Yeti
    Suspension
    Stock Cinche
    I'm definitely in the sometimes group, I like going to the back woods and getting away from people and enjoying the quiet wilderness, but I feel I am not a crotchity old geezer who hates people, I don't even notice the noise when I am car camping (with exception like crazy dogs barking at 3 am) but general operating noise I just ignore and have fun.

Plus there is the other half of me that likes to be CREATING that noise. I love to go out car camping with a bunch of friends, sit around a cozy campfire and ingest enough alcohol so that I don't remember the weekend at all.

There should definitely be separated camp grounds, one for the nazi like outdoors men who feel any form of technology other than a hunting knife is an insult to mother nature, and those of us who are there just to have fun.

I believe HYOH should have a CYOC friend.
    I like metric, I use metric, for those of you who don't ... you should, for those of you who won't ... here.
    0*C - 32*F, 10*C - 50*F, 20*C - 68*F, 30*C - 86*F
    100g - 3.52oz, 500g - 17.63oz, 1kg - 2.2lbs, 16oz - 1lbs
    10cm - 3.9", 1m - 3.28ft, 1km - 0.62mi

Hammock
    GT UL, Multiple DIY
    Tarp
    I like DIY stuff
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasuko View Post
    I'm definitely in the sometimes group, I like going to the back woods and getting away from people and enjoying the quiet wilderness, but I feel I am not a crotchity old geezer who hates people, I don't even notice the noise when I am car camping (with exception like crazy dogs barking at 3 am) but general operating noise I just ignore and have fun.

Plus there is the other half of me that likes to be CREATING that noise. I love to go out car camping with a bunch of friends, sit around a cozy campfire and ingest enough alcohol so that I don't remember the weekend at all.

There should definitely be separated camp grounds, one for the nazi like outdoors men who feel any form of technology other than a hunting knife is an insult to mother nature, and those of us who are there just to have fun.

I believe HYOH should have a CYOC friend.
    I motorcycle camp as I have injuries from other adventures that make it impossible to hike. I get out as often as I can, look for quiet places, and do as much to LNT as possible.

On the other hand, there is a definite bias on this hammock site towards backpacking. Nothing negative from me here, just an observation.

CYOC

-jeff

Banned
    Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    Cottage Down
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images