Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Reality has a good definition (that he trademarked ) on his site (PBF) about comfortweight. That's where I got it from.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Constantly messing with the pack gets one on the light-track. But again .... it changes a lot due to weather, season, terrain and such.
    I have a few pack videos but would be willing to assist on this if needed.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    1.1 Blackbird or Traveler SL
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    My hiking 101 series also explains some ways to lighten up if u want to take a look
    "If you give a monkey a gun and he shoots someone, you dont blame the monkey"

The end of the world is not coming in December, it is happening now in my living room. - TFC Rick

http://watermonkey.net/

Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RaulPerez1?feature=mhee

Hammock
    One of Eight
    Tarp
    Cuban Baby !!
    Insulation
    I'm Down
    Suspension
    MYOG, whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazilla View Post
    See I think its almost impossible for a hammock camper to be an UL hiker. We are a lazy bunch by definition, let me explain. The question by most groundies is why a hammock. Cause you sleep better at night of course every hammocker knows that. So right there we are choosing comfort over weight i.e. hammock at (whatever yours weighs in at) tarp, suspension, snakeskins, bb bag, peak bag, gear hammock etc. compared to 1/4 foam pad and tarp. So it stands to reason that we will of course bring on other comforts cause that's just how we roll. Not to say it's impossible to go UL as some here have but I know i am un-willing to give up my head lamp for a pocket led or my thermarest stuff sack with fleece lining (hammock pillow) for a sil bag of half the weight.
    I agree...spent my first night in a hammock last night with temps into the 30's...I like diversity ...and have always tried to pack accordingly ... I don't like single use items...so my quest is to add hammocking to my bag of tricks...on a thru-hike I think the ability to choose is the best option..when the conditions prevail that a tarp and a pad would provide a better quarterage then I wanna' be able to exercise that option...such as setting up in a meadow.summit or beach...so I'm working out for myself to have the option to do either as I see fit... and I do like that I now have a option to sleep above marshy, muddy, snowy, rocky/rooted terrain....so I will continue to hammock and explore the infinite possibilities with the commitment to my own comfort at any given circumstance that backwoods camping throws my way !!!

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    You're right about the comfort camping thing.

The video can merely be suggestions to help lighten our load. I know everyone is always looking at weighs to make their hiking trip easier on themselves. I know I am. With a lot of noobs they think they need to bring things that are unnecessary.

Thinking the biggest pack is the best pack or you have to have a huge Rambo knife. Which in reality, I use a mid sized pack (ULA OHM) and I pretty much only use my knife to open food packages while out in the woods.

@ Raul
    I"ll be checking out your vids this weekend. Thanks

@ Shug

Thanks for offering to help out. I have checked out your "What's in your pack" series and there is a lot of great stuff in there. I know just by reading the forums those videos have helped people out with what's in their own pack.

Fronkey

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    3/4
    Suspension
    Strap Cinch buckle
    I will just ditto what has been said with comfortweight that being said my comfort weight is 35 lbs spring summer and fall . Winter looking 70 lbs or greater . when temps rises my pounds go down , When temps go down my pounds go up . I don't want to be getting out of my ultralight bag and tent every hour to do jumping jacks too stay warm I want to have a comfortable sleep and feel fresh in am . Heck I am considering going the hot tent avenue for extreme cold conditions will be giving up a hammock for cot but will have a wood stove to keep me toasty.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12