Tarp
    Up...
    Insulation
    Down...
    Suspension
    Tight at 30'
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolatier View Post
    Hey, I'm a chocolatier--which means I already work and play in the same place!
    Just a little bit envious
    /Bomber.LTD
    Member of the infamous "Hyperborean Hang Gang"
    ]
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    -Thomas Edison
    "If there is anything bigger than my ego in here, i want it dragged outside and shot"!!!
    -Zap Brannigan

To much time on your hands? Waste some time here

Hammock
    Switchback 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE prototype hex
    Insulation
    Leighlo hi and low
    Suspension
    strap/ring buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by ncwinterhiker View Post
    I manage a 700 acre estate (250 acres of fields and 450 acres of woods). I have worked here for the past 9 years. We have 4 horses and 6 ATVs. One family owns it and comes up for a weekend once a month. My wife and I have lived on the property for the past 3 years. Over the past 9 years myself and one other guy have cut in 10 miles of trials for horse back riding and ATV riding. We have several wildlife food plots that I manage. We also have 4 acre pond with catfish, large mouth base, talopia in the summer and trout in the winter. We also have 250 yard rifle range. I do spend alot of my free time in the woods "hanging" around, and enjoying the fruits of my labor.
    Now THAT"S a job you can love...all the bennies with none of the taxes...

I spend days in a scantily lit ultrasound room. Seeing baby-to-be though is worth it's weight in hammocks
    The gene pool needs a life guard.

Hammock
    ENO Single Nest
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12'
    Insulation
    Loco Libre UQ
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by ncwinterhiker View Post
    I manage a 700 acre estate (250 acres of fields and 450 acres of woods). I have worked here for the past 9 years. We have 4 horses and 6 ATVs. One family owns it and comes up for a weekend once a month. My wife and I have lived on the property for the past 3 years. Over the past 9 years myself and one other guy have cut in 10 miles of trials for horse back riding and ATV riding. We have several wildlife food plots that I manage. We also have 4 acre pond with catfish, large mouth base, talopia in the summer and trout in the winter. We also have 250 yard rifle range. I do spend alot of my free time in the woods "hanging" around, and enjoying the fruits of my labor.
    Wow, is that in the Statesville area?

Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird
    Tarp
    Working on it
    Insulation
    CCF :(
    Suspension
    WB Webbing
    I work in Aerospace, sit in a cube all day in a building with no windows looking at a computer screen. I come in before the sun is up (4am) and sometime leave after its set....what a life..... But it pays well and alows me to buy toys, and hopfulley soon a house here in CA, that will someday appreciate, then I can sell my crackerjack CA home and move out somewhere where there is actual wilderness and by a place in cash and finally get a job I WANT vs one i need....
    Also, wife does the same thing and has the same plan

Hammock
    Hennessy ULBA with 2QZQ mod #4
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway Tarp
    Insulation
    Hammockgear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    WhoOpie Slings/DCs
    Hey gang, I just got back on land again for a few more weeks.

I work on an oil rig several hundred miles off the coast of Newfoundland, Canada. I spend three weeks at a time offshore. I really enjoy getting out into the woods when I am home. As a hobby I also teach scuba diving (my favorite part of scuba is shipwreck diving) It is interesting to see what others work at.
    Take care,
    Bluefin

Bluefin's Videos

you get to hang on your rig while you're out?

Hammock
    DIY Knotty/Speer special, RED
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    I used to work on a Golf Course. Mowed grass for a living and I was happy all the time. My wife just groans when I say that. You don't make much money mowing grass on the golf course. I had an Associates degree in Aeronautics but at the time 20 year veteran, full blown engineers were having problems getting jobs, so I was mowing grass and going to Tech school for an electronics certificate. So I was outside pretty solid from late 1984 to 1989 and only part time from 79-83. I remember being either cold and wet or Hot and dry with very few moments in between, probably because I had to stop and notice the good times. Like early morning in the Fall with the mist/fog coming off the lake, the temps finally brisk in the morning with a warm day ahead and the ring of the cup cutter as I'd knock the dirt off of it before cutting a new hole. It was 4:30-5 in the morning and I'd have the course to myself. Also, quite a few very hot days with Thunderstorms blowing in, that first good and cold blast of air conditioning followed by a downpour, just refreshing.

The hours of shoveling snow paths up to the pro shop, or digging and laying forms for concrete cart paths in the winter, that wasn't as pleasant.
    Last edited by MrClean417; 01-13-2011 at 16:45.

Hammock
    DIY bridge hammock
    Tarp
    OES/WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Images
    Account executive selling products to high schools to help students graduate. I'm on the road (locally, thankfully) and work from home.
    Syb
    Enjoy the elevation

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Went to school for Wildlife Biology but life got in the way of finishing it (ain't life like that?). After a number of jobs, some outside and some not so much, I tried being a Reserve Deputy Sheriff. Liked it so much I found a start in the CHP but switched to the Kern County Sheriff's Dept because chasing tail lights was dull dull dull. Including reserve time I have 33 years in law enforcement...28 compensated. I am recovering (sorta) from work related injuries now and my retirement papers sit on the coffee table as we speak.

Started wanting to study wildlife but ended dealing with a different kind of wild life. Been a blast and I will miss it!

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    I've been fortunate to spend allot of time outdoors and in some remarkable places. Carpentry work outdoors. Parks branch Bowron Lakes. Forestry work took me all over the province to remote inlets and valley etc for 14 yrs, camping out quite a bit of the time. Climbing in Squamish,,hang gliding etc. Have lived in the Kootenays on my land by the Little Slocan River since 82. The back country is pretty much out my back door although i've only been going back out in it for the last couple of yrs after a long absence partly due to injuries , tendonitis and back and knee injury,,,,,,and also i was playing music semi pro for about ten yrs, other interests. Now because of the down turn in the economy my 15 yr cabinetry business is quiet and i go hiking allot, kayaking (-: and spending way too much time here on HF. I just bought a winter quilt. I thought i didn't winter camp??. We just got dumped on over the last couple of days so i've been shoveling three feet of snow off the roofs since yesterday trying to beat the rain thats coming , but hey , its outside.
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast