Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryvr View Post
    Cannibal people leave food offerings under your hammock "just in case" eh LOLOLOL
    Nobody in their right mind would go under my hammock. There is often a rather foul smelling 'breeze' down there.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    DIY Knotty/Speer special, RED
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    Like half the other MrCleans out there, I shaved my balding head one day. A year before I went to a Control Line contest and in some of those events a hat can't be worn because lines will snag on it. So I took my hat off and thanks to the number of things we did a day, I forgot to put it back on. I had covered my head with SPF 50 but I had just enough hair left that the hair sucked it up and I burned like I've never burned before. The next year I was just about ready to leave for the same contest and I remembered so I shaved my head. Now the lotion goes right on the scalp and I didn't burn. I won a couple awards and going up to get them the crowd yelled 'MrClean' and it was reported in a National magazine. Couple years after that I was signed up to go play combat in Wichita, KS and everyone was being listed by their handles, so I was trying to think of one and they pointed out they already had me listed, after all it was in the magazine. So I've been MrClean in most of my web-based communications. However, so are a lot of people with naked heads. Enough so that my old Compuserve name was what I go by now, MrClean417.
    Call me Clean, or MrClean or MrClean417 or Hey buddy, you, whatever...

Just don't call me late to dinner, please?

Hammock
    Grand trunk ultra light
    Tarp
    10x8 blue tarp
    Insulation
    probly DIY
    Suspension
    two trees?
    Im a ginger and was called rusty. but after a b rated horror trucker movie it went from Rusty to rustynails
    EMBRACE THE SUCK

Hammock
    HH ULBPA, GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    HH Hex, Edge Spinn
    Insulation
    3S Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I am unorignal with my forum name also. Dave is of course my given name, and 4-10-79 is my DOB. It's easy to remember on whatever forum I use, and I haven't run into anyone else ever using it. My trail name is Figjam. It's an acronym that pretty much sums up my amazing MacGuyver skills, and sarcastic attitude. I'll let you google for the phrase.
    Visualize whirled peas.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I was in the Marines for 20 years and was a CWO3 (Chief Warrant Officer 3). The Marines nickname for a warrant officer is "Gunner" and even after I retired many people still called me that and I added 76 for the year I enlisted as I also needed a user name for the internet. I thought it sounded better than my other name which was King Kong.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Bear Mountain Bridge
    Tarp
    No HouseFly
    Insulation
    Down uq & tq
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    I started using the name Salamander when I was with a fire performance troupe. It was live drumming (like African hand drums) and music coupled with dancing with and juggling and spinning and eating and breathing fire. I picked Salamander as my stage name for the mythological connection that the salamander has with fire. As I took up backpacking, the name suited me in other ways too. . . I tend to like to camp as close as I can to creeks, or at least creek beds, and wade/wander up and down them looking at rocks and fossils and playing in the water. I've hung my hammock across creeks on a few occasions, and let me tell ya, it's a heck of a lot better than hiding under a rock! I added the 42 in reference to the Hitchhiker's Guide to teh Galaxy by Douglas Adams. . . 42 is the answer to life the universe and everything, but no one knows what the question is.

Hammock
    WBBB; WBRR; WBXLC;HH Exped
    Tarp
    Superfly; JRB Ulti
    Insulation
    HG TQ&UQ; AHE; WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images
    Well, my forum/trail name is kinda self-explanatory, "SkyPainter". As a skydiver, I often see many differently-colored parachutes above and below me in the air, and it looked to me like we were 'painting the sky' with every jump. I used it on the skydiving forums site, and it stuck, and I carried it over here, rather than trying to come up with another name.

Seems to work, for me. (See the new avatar - me in freefall at around 7000 ft over a beautiful cloudbank! Nature seen from another perspective.)
    Live Purposefully; Dare Greatly; Land Gently

If you're going to do something wrong, go for it! - Beryl G.

"Never knock on Death's door - just ring the bell and run. He hates that!"

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7DBL
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12x12
    Insulation
    Top quilt,ccf pad
    Suspension
    Webbing
    My forum name is a combo of two nicknames. Everyone called me hippie through HS, I was raised on a farm and never thought footwear was required except on equipment, and the wanderer I got from a group of apache guys I met out in the salt river canyon in Az as I went across the Mogollon rim looking for trout and solitude.
    "It is a great art to saunter."
    - Henry David Thoreau

Peace out
    Whitaker

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    <<<dogcatcher
    (that's a lie, but ya know...)
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 6'x8' Sil
    Insulation
    CCF Pad
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    My trail name is also my Air Force callsign. I'm a little guy, 5'7, and I was always the little blond kid getting my friends in to trouble with my crazy schemes.

It was much the same when I got into the service, so the name was kicked around here and there as a joke, but I was permanently branded when my CO (Lt. Col. Menges) shouted "Yer killin' me Smalls! Yer killin' me!" as I thrashed him in a squadron Halo (video game) tournament.

-Smalls

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast