eno doublenest
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12
    Insulation
    HG + AHE tqs/uqs
    Suspension
    donated whoopies

i'm sad......

I reaaaaaly wish I was packing my gear to head to mount rogers this week. It is one of my favorite places to go. I had to miss my annual thanksgiving weekend trip there this past fall, and the ponies are calling my name. Last year, I had a baby pony come right up to me. couldn't have been maybe 3 weeks old. Had a neat patch of fur that looked like a bullseye, so thats what i named him. His mama kept her eye on me from about 10 yards away to make sure i didn't do anything funny. Oh how I love the mountians and miss them terribly.

So in honor of ya'lls trip, I am going to go buy another eno this afternoon so i can introduce another person to hanging. I am looking forward to getting out this february on a sunday/monday hang or two, I am jonesin bad. Does anyone else suffer from this affliction?

On a side note, since i usually only post at work, this weekend i started to watch some of shug's videos. WOW, that dude is a trip, informative, yet hillarious. I loved his rendition of slingblade.
    Last edited by Big Papi; 01-17-2011 at 15:00. Reason: spelling

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    Papi,

We will bring you along in spirit.

Keep your eyes peeled for the second or third weeks of February for an Ohio hang. I'll be in and I'm sure Rip will be too.

To keep your mind busy you could start a new planning thread for something like this. I remember HamMike mentioning a spot in southern Ohio that I'd never heard of that looked interesting.

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    I'm with ya Papi ! I was all set to go last week and was looking forward to packing this past weekend . . .BUT NO ! ! ! My travel buddy bailed on me to make some $$$ instead of spending $$$. Leaving me to shoulder the gas bill solo in my thirsty Jeep. The need for a new soft top is too great to warrant spending over $100 in gas. Financial responsibilities SUCK! Whatever happened to those days of spending $1.50 for a gallon of gas??? (Yes, I remember cheaper days...)

Not buying another hammock but I am heading out on the Palmetto Trail just outside of Columbia, SC. Still not the same but at least I'll be in my hammock surrounded by feathery goodness
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    Circadian
    Tarp
    11 footer
    Insulation
    goose down
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images

Muskrat...

Im trading my gas guzzler jeep for a Geo..sad but necessary. Here is a cheap site to buy tops.

.http://tops4less.com/

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawldaddy View Post
    Im trading my gas guzzler jeep for a Geo..sad but necessary. Here is a cheap site to buy tops.

.http://tops4less.com/
    Thanks CrawlDaddy. I have looked at several sites. Looking at the Rampage Frameless Tops. Them boogers are cutting into my trip funds. Need to resolve this issue quickly.

. . . wait a sec. . . A GEO . . . and getting rid of the jeep . . . you fall from a tree during a recent hang Or this must be just to get you from one jeep to the next, a bigger and better jeep. Right ?
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendertoe View Post
    Papi,

We will bring you along in spirit.

Keep your eyes peeled for the second or third weeks of February for an Ohio hang. I'll be in and I'm sure Rip will be too.

To keep your mind busy you could start a new planning thread for something like this. I remember HamMike mentioning a spot in southern Ohio that I'd never heard of that looked interesting.
    Symmes Creek and Morgan sisters trail in Wayne National.http://www.backpackohio.com/symmesmorgan.html
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    Circadian
    Tarp
    11 footer
    Insulation
    goose down
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Muskrat..lol... yea. Im leaving flock. I cant afford to drive it no mo. The Geo Tracker looks like a mini jeep. Im hoping I wont be totally ostracised

Hammock
    HH, CJH NX-250, WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Std, Hex, or WBSF
    Insulation
    Burrows&Incubators
    Suspension
    Poly web w/AHE buc

Well, I am not sad that I am not going.

Chastened, maybe.

Without a functional winter tarp I feel that my going would be an unwise action, and add to that my need to sort out my winter kit in a more forgiving locale. Heck, in retrospect I would have been very cold if I had come to the December hang in the Wayne.

So I will be out in the Kanawha State Forest this weekend playing with Reflectix pads in my CJH pockets, hanging a HH Hex to see if it makes any difference, and skulking back to a hot shower when the test is over!

And when I feel comfortable with my kit, THEN I will feel sad if I miss a hang.

Jim

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Papi View Post
    I reaaaaaly wish I was packing my gear to head to mount rogers this week. It is one of my favorite places to go. I had to miss my annual thanksgiving weekend trip there this past fall, and the ponies are calling my name. Last year, I had a baby pony come right up to me. couldn't have been maybe 3 weeks old. Had a neat patch of fur that looked like a bullseye, so thats what i named him. His mama kept her eye on me from about 10 yards away to make sure i didn't do anything funny. Oh how I love the mountians and miss them terribly.

So in honor of ya'lls trip, I am going to go buy another eno this afternoon so i can introduce another person to hanging. I am looking forward to getting out this february on a sunday/monday hang or two, I am jonesin bad. Does anyone else suffer from this affliction?

On a side note, since i usually only post at work, this weekend i started to watch some of shug's videos. WOW, that dude is a trip, informative, yet hillarious. I loved his rendition of slingblade.
    BigPapa, I have felt your pain. Sometimes a little hang in the backyard with a good book has helped my yearn for the piney woods.

• + New Posts