Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    3/4
    Suspension
    Strap Cinch buckle

First Night in winter Incubator !!

Well It wasn't in the piney woods but my unheated garage no side door , Garage door has 4" opening on the top and Bottom so plenty of draft low 19 ° F . I used my WB Traveler hung off the steel beam just long enough to get a flat lay. Had my new winter Incubator from Hammockgear and a 20 ° F Montbell 650 Down bag as top quilt and a thin texas sport fleece zipper throw as a liner. Hung everything at 1 pm EDT so to be good and cold when I went to bed at 9:30 PM EDT Clothing worn was a Poly/wppl blend walmart Long Johns top and bottom and thin nylon jogging pants and a walmart fleece top also had a fleece/ Poly Balaclava on and my fleece/Poly face mask and thing knit cap. Well shortly after getting settled in I had to adjust my straps for a diagonal flat lay feet were to high. Had both ends of UQ cinched laid there and got CBS. Well i have heard others say they would draw the uQ up with some shock cord so had some already waiting if needed in my DIY Ridge organizer. Seemed to help for awhile but still a chill tucked the fleece throw under by but and helped some more. Now I feel that with my superfly with doors hung would have eliminated most of the draft I was getting from the missing man door. I don't have a undercover want to consider making a sock.
    Also may get one of those heaver duty space blanket from coghlan's with the silver on one side and red material on the other may try to put in my double layer traveler silver side up as a vapor barrier I don't know. All I all I was happy I wasn't cold just chilled and only reason I slept poorly was frequent pee bottle breaks. Didn't want to cheat going in house for pee warm breaks wanted the whole effect .

Hammock
    WL Light Owl/Dangerbird
    Tarp
    WBBMJ Spinn+doors
    Insulation
    HammockGear Down!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Try tightening up the shock cord suspension running end to end. I've hung my winter incubator on my BB and once I tightened up the suspension all symptoms of CBS went away.
    "One of the best things you can do in this world is take a nap in the woods." ~ Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry

"While it may be a lot of work, the view is best from the summit." ~ an anonymous staff member of Philmont Scout Ranch

Enjoy the day
    Shane

Hammock
    Anything hanging in the living room
    Yes, we use extra-long shock cord so you can determine your best fit, and if need be, throw another knot in it to tighten it, and it will be set for your hammock from that point on. Because there are so many variations of hammocks, hangers, etc, we felt it better to start it with "too much" than "too little", and leave it to you good folks to decide how tight you want it. Without the initial first adjustment, CBS might indeed creep up on you. Hope that clears up any confusion. Medicjmr, You're welcome to call with any questions, as well!

Hammock
    WB Tribe
    Tarp
    OGeeTarp & OES
    Insulation
    PHOENIX/BURROW
    Suspension
    Webbing N Whoopie
    Should have bought a "Butt Bucket" because....

"With your B in a BB you will never experience CBS!"

Yep, just like Thorwren suggested throw an extra knot in that shock-cord thingee PDQ, and you probably won't have CBS IMHO.

But more importantly...thankee for the trip report.
    "If'n I'm gonna fall, someone is gonna' watch."
    Sean Emery

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Draw 'er up tighter and snooze an all nighter.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    3/4
    Suspension
    Strap Cinch buckle
    Ok I will try the suggestions I am just looping it off the bunched end of my traveler minus the s binners I have cinched the ends already and after the fact see you can cinch both sides on each end so will try that as well I am pumped for another try Thanks everybody

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by medicjimr View Post
    Ok I will try the suggestions I am just looping it off the bunched end of my traveler minus the s binners I have cinched the ends already and after the fact see you can cinch both sides on each end so will try that as well I am pumped for another try Thanks everybody
    No Incubator experience yet, though I find myself lusting for some of Stormcrow's creations. ( and there is no doubt I need another UQ or TQ obviously! ) But with my WB version, or a Climashield version of the Yeti, tight seems to be the key. I seem to have to adjust it so that it lifts the hammock several feet before I get in, for full performance. The other thing is to somehow rig it so that the suspension lines, hooked to the end knots, are pulled up to the RL before the end knots. This always seems to make a noticeable dif, and may even allow me to loosen up the quilt suspension a bit without loosing warmth.

Sorry I brought up the CS "Yeti" with removable layers of CS. Since only a few of the very elite have any of these, I shouldn't torment folks by mentioning it.

• + New Posts