Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Shug, what did you make that bib out of, just a piece of fleece? How quick is it to dry out the next day and be ready for the next nights use?
    Just a piece of fleece .... take it and stick it in your pocket and out will dry out!
    Cool, huh????
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Images
    Luv the "shug frost bib" idea.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird Double Layer 1.0, DYI
    Tarp
    The Edge
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ HG-TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Dutchware
    Images

Thumbs up Great Vid

Great vid Shug as always, your approach for trying new ideas and having fun with it is truly inspirational. Many HF members including myself appreciate your entertainment and sharing your trials by fire, in this case snow and ice.

Working hard at getting my hammock gear slowly together, so I can share in having a little bit of the fun and enjoyment of hammocking as the Shugemerry.

Just a tip: Your 5-ball juggling against the wall routine isn’t bad. I usually do 9 balls, can do 10 but 9 balls looks better to the audience.

BTW: It’s about time you re-surfaced Shug. Thought you might have gone back to ground dwelling!

P.S. This is a test of the “Emergency Down Pod System”. HILLARIOUS

Thanks for Sharing!!!
    I hike with SCISSORS cause it makes me feel dangerous ... LoL

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    Luv the "shug frost bib" idea.
    I have a pasta bib in the house!
    The frost-bib did work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HWS View Post
    Great vid Shug as always, your approach for trying new ideas and having fun with it is truly inspirational. Many HF members including myself appreciate your entertainment and sharing your trials by fire, in this case snow and ice.

Working hard at getting my hammock gear slowly together, so I can share in having a little bit of the fun and enjoyment of hammocking as the Shugemerry.

Just a tip: Your 5-ball juggling against the wall routine isn’t bad. I usually do 9 balls, can do 10 but 9 balls looks better to the audience.

BTW: It’s about time you re-surfaced Shug. Thought you might have gone back to ground dwelling!

P.S. This is a test of the “Emergency Down Pod System”. HILLARIOUS

Thanks for Sharing!!!
    Thanks for that
    Yeah .... odd numbers are always preferred by the crowds!!!
    Wa I gone???
    Keep on getting that hammock gear going........
    Carry On!!!
    Shug

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB SF
    Insulation
    inner fortitude
    Suspension
    cinch & straps
    Cool video , I really dig the wall bouncing, I don`t juggle but watching that I decided I want to do that wall bouncing . It looks like it would be good for training the mind as well as reflexes. When I walk on the treadmill I like to bounce a medicine ball on the floor on either side of the treadmill , I do it more for the effect of training my mind to multi-task than for the physical benefits . I wonder how many years it would take to be able to do the wall bouncing like that while walking the treadmill. Thanks for the inspiration.

Hammock
    PolyD
    Tarp
    OES MacCat ultra
    Insulation
    New River KAQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks
    Images
    Those of us with extra gerth may not have the wiggle room that some of the slimer hangers. A very good idea. But I would need an EXTRA wide bag from the sholders to the knees.
    Tortoise never for a moment stopped, but went on with a slow but steady pace straight to the end of the course.
    Translated by George Fyler Townsend. Aesop's Fables (p. 18). Amazon Digital Services, Inc..

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tbone View Post
    Cool video , I really dig the wall bouncing, I don`t juggle but watching that I decided I want to do that wall bouncing . It looks like it would be good for training the mind as well as reflexes. When I walk on the treadmill I like to bounce a medicine ball on the floor on either side of the treadmill , I do it more for the effect of training my mind to multi-task than for the physical benefits . I wonder how many years it would take to be able to do the wall bouncing like that while walking the treadmill. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Tough with medicine balls!
    Believe me ... it all takes practice....... the curse.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerhpy View Post
    Those of us with extra gerth may not have the wiggle room that some of the slimer hangers. A very good idea. But I would need an EXTRA wide bag from the sholders to the knees.
    Maybe a rectangle gag would work.......
    H-m-m-m-m-m-m. A wee bit of a mod to make it work. They say the Speer Pea-Pod is roomy though.

Images
    For those who need more wiggle room. You would just need to use a semi rec bag instead of a mummy.
    One like this:

http://www.westernmountaineering.com...s&ContentId=39

Images
    That bag of Shug's is 64 inches girth (65 for size long), which is pretty big compared to most mummy bags. But I agree with you that most of us would probably need a wider bag than Shug might, since he appears to be fairly on the lean and mean side. Of course there are some extrawide bags out there that would work pretty well for this purpose. In fact, I see some of the same Brand that are 67- 69 inches wide!

Comparatively, a Peapod is 72 inches at the widest point, though much more narrow than that on the ends. Also it's 9 foot length allows you to close it off pretty close to the end with most hammocks, without stretching it too tight and reducing internal room. Even beyond the ends on the Claytor expedition. but once you get serious about stuffing other insulation in there with you – and if you're pretty big boy – then the Polar Pod ought to get the job done. With this extra 1.5 feet of length and width! If I have the specs right, 90 inches of girth! That should swallow everybody and their hammock and some extra insulation, other than maybe a bridge hammock. (actually, I just got up and went outside and measured on my bridge hammock: 77 inches circumference around the outside of the hammock meeting in the middle (need a couple of inches more to cover the spreader bars). 73 inches around the middle including going around my under quilt, though I pulled it tight enough to compress most of the down. So it looks like something of about the size of the Polar Pod might even be somewhat usable with a JRB Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    For those who need more wiggle room. You would just need to use a semi rec bag instead of a mummy.
    One like this:

http://www.westernmountaineering.com...s&ContentId=39
    That would work!

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    That bag of Shug's is 64 inches girth (65 for size long), which is pretty big compared to most mummy bags. But I agree with you that most of us would probably need a wider bag than Shug might, since he appears to be fairly on the lean and mean side. Of course there are some extrawide bags out there that would work pretty well for this purpose. In fact, I see some of the same Brand that are 67- 69 inches wide!

Comparatively, a Peapod is 72 inches at the widest point, though much more narrow than that on the ends. Also it's 9 foot length allows you to close it off pretty close to the end with most hammocks, without stretching it too tight and reducing internal room. Even beyond the ends on the Claytor expedition. but once you get serious about stuffing other insulation in there with you – and if you're pretty big boy – then the Polar Pod ought to get the job done. With this extra 1.5 feet of length and width! If I have the specs right, 90 inches of girth! That should swallow everybody and their hammock and some extra insulation, other than maybe a bridge hammock. (actually, I just got up and went outside and measured on my bridge hammock: 77 inches circumference around the outside of the hammock meeting in the middle (need a couple of inches more to cover the spreader bars). 73 inches around the middle including going around my under quilt, though I pulled it tight enough to compress most of the down. So it looks like something of about the size of the Polar Pod might even be somewhat usable with a JRB Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock!
    Interesting stuff there BillyBob. I put my Warbonnet winter Yeti and Black Mamba in for tonight .... -17º. Still feel like I am not terribly compressed. Sounds like the PeaPod is roomy for those that like to bend their legs.

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast