WBBB, D.I.Y. KSSH
    Tarp
    ZPacks
    Insulation
    H.G. & Warbonnet
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch

User Campsite

I'm new to the forum but have a suggestion. How about an area for users to make a thread to keep things they use, did, diy, camps, hikes, tests, journals, thoughts, what ever. Then they could add a link to their campsite in the signature. Anytime someone asks a particular question about something and someone has already posted a possible answer, method, area, what have you, they could refer them to click/visit their campsite.

I belong to a forum for vehicles, in that it's called a garage. Basically the same principle except modifications and stuff to do with our individual vehicles. when someone wants to see how something looks or may work. I can say check out my garage, or check out userX's garage, he/she did something like that.

It can be a simple setup, like only use your screen name then campsite. Like Crackedup's Campsite. It also gives users something else to explore, like if some individules usually have allot of diy's or cool trips, we could visit their campsite and look around. It would also be open for comments from visiting hangers just hiking through. What do you all think, or is something already like that here that I have not found? Just a thought.

Interesting idea, welcome to the forums

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedup View Post
    I'm new to the forum but have a suggestion. How about an area for users to make a thread to keep things they use, did, diy, camps, hikes, tests, journals, thoughts, what ever. Then they could add a link to their campsite in the signature. Anytime someone asks a particular question about something and someone has already posted a possible answer, method, area, what have you, they could refer them to click/visit their campsite.

I belong to a forum for vehicles, in that it's called a garage. Basically the same principle except modifications and stuff to do with our individual vehicles. when someone wants to see how something looks or may work. I can say check out my garage, or check out userX's garage, he/she did something like that.

It can be a simple setup, like only use your screen name then campsite. Like Crackedup's Campsite. It also gives users something else to explore, like if some individules usually have allot of diy's or cool trips, we could visit their campsite and look around. It would also be open for comments from visiting hangers just hiking through. What do you all think, or is something already like that here that I have not found? Just a thought.
    I like part of your idea, "Crakups campsite", but some of the stuff you mentioned is already here on the forum such as DIY, Trips, gear review etc but you have to be a donating member to access it . Go to the HF homepage and you'll see it , doesn't cost much and gives access to allot of info. Welcome to the forum

bill
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Hammock
    WBBB, D.I.Y. KSSH
    Tarp
    ZPacks
    Insulation
    H.G. & Warbonnet
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by mbiraman View Post
    I like part of your idea, "Crakups campsite", but some of the stuff you mentioned is already here on the forum such as DIY, Trips, gear review etc but you have to be a donating member to access it . Go to the HF homepage and you'll see it , doesn't cost much and gives access to allot of info. Welcome to the forum

bill
    Thanks mbiraman, notice the nice little swirly Donating Member under my user name now.

Hammock
    NX-150 TX-150
    Tarp
    Vertex-Camo
    Insulation
    Z-Liner & DIY Pads
    Suspension
    Clark
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedup View Post
    I'm new to the forum but have a suggestion..
    I'm not sure new guys are allowed to make suggestions . . .

But I see you are now a DM, so it could be OK. . .

Welcome . . . Hang in there, Eh!
    Bradley SaintJohn
    Flat Bottom Canoe
    Start A Biz

The Transition from Ground Sleeping to Hammocks
    is the Conversion from Agony To Ecstasy,
    and Curing Ground-In-somnia.

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show you great and mighty things . . ." Jeremiah 33:3
    ΙΧΘΥΣ

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    OES 12 x 10
    Insulation
    JRB Mt.Washington4
    Suspension
    Whoopie/UCR
    I like the idea.
    ~Bryan

Hammock
    not quite eno..
    Tarp
    10x12 DIY
    Insulation
    insultex+momentum
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    might be handy to link it to one's profile page or something? just a thought; I have no express desire to see tips gathered by creators, when they are so handily arranged by topic already..KM

• + New Posts