Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing

Triangle Thingies with the New River Deep Winter Upgrade UQ...

I ordered a WB Traveler (for my cold weather hammock) and also some TTs to fuss with attaching my NR DW UQ. This UQ is heavy and I was struggling to get it to seal against my WBBB, thus the TTs. Got the Traveler yesterday and set it up with the NR DW. It snugs against the Traveler much better than the WBBB but tends to drift more and is still not snugged up well enough. With the Traveler it is very easy to reach out and adjust but still not quite what I wanted. Today I got the TTs and some shock cord. The TTs are now attached to the Traveler ridgeline and the outside loops (leaving the middle ones free). This pulled the NR DW right up against the hammock and holds it in place! I can still adjust it but it seems to stay put very well when I do. I need to try out the set up with the WBBB but first the Traveler will need some nap testing (house pillow and mummy bag TQ) and perhaps an overnighter.

I left the UQ stock attachments in place as if the TTs are not there for now. Might try Shug's method of a shock cord across the ridgeline and attached to the two center loops of the UQ with a biner on one side but it probably will not be needed. Also want to find out how the TTs work when I remove the stock UQ attachments. More fun in the backyard lab...actually it is under our patio cover due to rain, I am too lazy to fuss with a tarp.

More later.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Law Dawg View Post
    I left the UQ stock attachments in place as if the TTs are not there for now.

Also want to find out how the TTs work when I remove the stock UQ attachments.
    Well removing the stock UQ attachment shock cords from the Traveler (web and buckle) and relying on the TTs only is not optimal. I tried each end and then both but with the NR DWU they just seem not up to the task. This UQ is WARM when adjusted right but it is also bulky and heavy (worth it IMO). My take is moto or cage camping will be the way we use it YMMV.

Note to Paul; I'd recommend a set of TTs be the norm for this NR upgrade but then maybe I am just such a goober I can't figure out the right way to attach it normally. I am loving this rig, it sits under the patio cover all set up with house pillow and sleeping bag calling seductivly for me to come and take a nap (the little hussy).
    Last edited by Law Dawg (ret); 12-18-2010 at 16:31.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/Burrow
    Suspension
    WB Strap/Tri Rings
    Got my TTs today in the mail. Went straight to the porch and hung the WB Traveler. Attached the TTs and Crowsnest. Is it just me or do they render the channel adjustment of the Crowsnest unusable? That is not ideal. Part of the beauty of the Crowsnest is that of you need to adjust, you just reach down and slide it into position. You can't do that when you attach the Crowsnest to the 2 fixed points of the TTs.

Am I doing something wrong? The TTs also seem to put a LOT of stress on the loops of the Crowsnest where they attach.

HELP!

Hammock
    Warbonnets!
    Tarp
    OES, WB
    Insulation
    Crowsnest, Leighs
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    Got my TTs today in the mail. Went straight to the porch and hung the WB Traveler. Attached the TTs and Crowsnest. Is it just me or do they render the channel adjustment of the Crowsnest unusable? That is not ideal. Part of the beauty of the Crowsnest is that of you need to adjust, you just reach down and slide it into position. You can't do that when you attach the Crowsnest to the 2 fixed points of the TTs.

Am I doing something wrong? The TTs also seem to put a LOT of stress on the loops of the Crowsnest where they attach.

HELP!
    Try running two separate pieces of shock cord, one on each side. Then you'll still be able to slide the CN.
    It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl & XLC
    Tarp
    Big MJ & Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti & 2 Wookies
    Suspension
    Stock straps
    Images

Question TT ' s & WBBB

Cannot mentally picture how thee TT's work with the shelf pull-outs on the WBBB. Help requested .

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    The TT's make the transition down to the quilt corners before they get to the wings of the BB. Plenty of room for them to rest on top of the hammock before the hammock widens out.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    HH Sil-Hex
    Insulation
    JRB Nest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I use the TTs with the Crow's Nest by running the lines through the mini-biners of the TTs. I removed the shock cord on the TT entirely, and hooked the biners through the loops with the cord locks. This snugs the quilt, and retains the ability to slide the quilt along the channels.

-Mike

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl & XLC
    Tarp
    Big MJ & Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti & 2 Wookies
    Suspension
    Stock straps
    Images
    TT's ordered. Gotta try them out. Come on USPS!!! -and then yesterday the neighbor teenaged driver wiped out four mailboxes. Got a splint repair done today.

Hammock
    WL Night Owl
    Tarp
    WL Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    Quilts + Body Fat
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I might have to try some of these thingies on my new kit. Not happy with how the Mt. Washington hangs below my new WBBB.

Hammock
    HH Exped Mod #2
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Burrow in the Nest
    Suspension
    8ft WhoOPies
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobit View Post
    I might have to try some of these thingies on my new kit. Not happy with how the Mt. Washington hangs below my new WBBB.
    Please report on this matter if you do get some. Im not exactly happy how my MW4 hangs under my HH Expedition.
    The Woooods!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast