Hammock
    WBB
    Tarp
    Superfly w/doors
    Insulation
    Flamethrower UQ

New WBB 1.0 Double Layer

Anybody try the new 1.0 DL WBB yet? Its over 5 ounces lighter than my 1.1 DL and its $45 cheaper. I know its made internationally (china I think) but has anyone compared the quality to the originals? For that much of a weight loss, I'd be willing to trade out of my 1.1 and pick up one of those.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    MacCat/Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Go Lite/3S Incu
    I have a 1.1 already. I ordered the 1.0 (i) last week. I hope to know soon. One of the reasons I went with the 1.0 (other than price) was that I assumed it was in stock and would ship right away rather than waiting for a 1.1. But I ordered over a week ago and still no ship notice. However, this assures me that it will be a good product because everything I have ordered from one of the sellers on this site and had to wait a long time for has been well worth the wait.

Hammock
    WBB
    Tarp
    Superfly w/doors
    Insulation
    Flamethrower UQ
    Let me know how they compare, I'm only 150 so the stretch is a non-issue. If i can loose 5 ounces im interested

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    I've got the 1.0 double, my husband has the 1.7 double. We got ours late last year before any mention of overseas sewing of the Blackbirds. So I can only compair these to each other and not to "quality" of overseas sewing.

Mine is really light weight, well made and just like my husband's 1.7, well except for color. They are different colors!!! Ridgelines are different. Mine is a thinner, smaller line. We both have the same web straps suspension, so all that is the same for both of us. Stuff sack is the same for both hammocks.

If you do decide to order one of these, you'll be able to resell your 1.1 here on this site. Or resell the 1.0 if you decide you don't like it after all.

TinaLouise

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Brandon (like the other vendors here) can be trusted to only release products that meet his high standards. He (and they) offer great customer service. If it isn't right Brandon will make it so. Order with confidence.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1
    Tarp
    WB Small Hex
    Insulation
    Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I've had several WBBB's (I know, I have a problem), but have recently received the new 1.0 double layer. I have not hung in it yet, but I have inspected it - just as high quality as any other WB product I've ordered. I also ordered the new Edge tarp (also made internationally) and it is superb as well.

Hammock
    Danger Bird
    Tarp
    Varies with season
    Insulation
    UGQ Everything
    Suspension
    Webbing Suspension
    I have the "new" WBBB 1.0 double and I love it. I am at 210lbs and I still sleep really flat in it. The craftsmanship is still top notch. Just too bad he got so big that he had to farm out. But I am sure he did not make that decision lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanson View Post
    I've had several WBBB's (I know, I have a problem), but have recently received the new 1.0 double layer. I have not hung in it yet, but I have inspected it - just as high quality as any other WB product I've ordered. I also ordered the new Edge tarp (also made internationally) and it is superb as well.
    I miss my 4.8Lb base weight as a ground dweller...But I sure DON'T MISS the ground.

• + New Posts