Tarp
    Depends
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Leigh,Speer
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Never nettied in the woods yet!!!!....I would though.
    They are effective.
    I am impressed with that FF for sure. It did the job.
    If I were watching that video in the woods, I would have nettied my cocoa right out my nose!!

Hammock
    ENO - DN
    Tarp
    DIY Spinn/ Tadpole
    Insulation
    Orca IX/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Hey Shug - I checkout all the pod-related new vids... As always, thanks for the laughs and for taking the time to share your experiences. I, like so many, learn a lot every time I tune into your channel!

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Hey shug another question. How well do u find the inflatable thermarest rest pad as a foot pad. I was under the impression that open cell foam like the inflatable sit pad does not provide much is any insulating powers at a worksll. Ist that not the case? I fuess not bc it worked for u but just wondering
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
    shug, great video once again.......netti pot.....priceless!!!!!
    Mucho Appreciato!

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerhpy View Post
    HAhahahahahahaaa Holy c»l¤ Batman that is just to funny.
    I have seen temps. That low sence I was in college in ID.
    I am preparing for the Ice Age. I want to be a tour guide.

Quote Originally Posted by dand76 View Post
    The Shug-o-naut- to go where no man has gone before.

Have never tried a netti pot. My AIR passages are screaming "don't even think about it. It ain't natural!"

Thanks for sharing the video.
    Netti is an acquired taste of sorts!

Quote Originally Posted by HWS View Post
    Congratulations Shug on your -17 degrees hang with no cold spots! I've been waiting for this vid for a while now and man did you produce.
    Like mbiraman said:
    Thanks for going over your systems so thoroughly. I learn allot from this. Haven't personally done that extreme cold winter camping ever and from a hammock to boot. Very smooth vid filming Shug, not to fast/slow or to repeatedly, while doing your gear reviews.

Looks like the frost bib is a keeper piece of equipment for now really does it’s job. Also the new alki stove of yours seemed to work real well with that low of temp and with no muss or fuss, nice.

Good way to start your vid with the MSR Stove with how to boil snow tips. "That MSR stove seems to kick some serious butt." Great cold weather clothing over view too, always take notes on your gear type and material you are using. .
    Think you are dialing in your cold weather sleep system close to perfection.
    Your a talented guy Shug, would like to see a vid of you using your netti pot while laying inside your hammock!!! LoL... Kidding folks, just kidding....
    As always Shug thanks for sharing…

Question: Did your MSR stove fuel bottle have a pump handle on it or was that part of the fuel line hook up? Sorry, I'm not familiar with that type of stove.
    Thankee...... The MSR pump is separate but needed . I bought mine long ago. They may package it all together. You need the stove, fuel bottle and pump. And the Repair Kit is very important.

Quote Originally Posted by wisenber View Post
    If I were watching that video in the woods, I would have nettied my cocoa right out my nose!!
    Bet that taste better than saline!

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Hey Shug - I checkout all the pod-related new vids... As always, thanks for the laughs and for taking the time to share your experiences. I, like so many, learn a lot every time I tune into your channel!
    Thanks. Makes me feel like there is value to this. I do have fun .... in many ways!

Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    Hey shug another question. How well do u find the inflatable thermarest rest pad as a foot pad. I was under the impression that open cell foam like the inflatable sit pad does not provide much is any insulating powers at a worksll. Ist that not the case? I fuess not bc it worked for u but just wondering
    I find the Thermarest sit pad just perfect for me. Warm. I put it in my footbox of my TQ. Never any condensation.
    Plus ... I can sit on it at camp.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Images
    Impressive as always. Don't know if someone already asked this or not but I'm curious to know...

How much did all your insulation weigh for that night? Ignore the hammock and stove and lights and all, I'm just curious about the insulation weight alone.

Perhaps its a moot point if you'd drop it onto a pulk in those conditions anyway.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gqgeek81 View Post
    Impressive as always. Don't know if someone already asked this or not but I'm curious to know...

How much did all your insulation weigh for that night? Ignore the hammock and stove and lights and all, I'm just curious about the insulation weight alone.

Perhaps its a moot point if you'd drop it onto a pulk in those conditions anyway.
    With the 0º warbonnet gear (TQ/UQ) and hammock, suspension, mesh ridgeline bag, peak bag and Therarest Sit-Pad and pod around 6.50 pounds.
    I am uploading another vid right now with less insulation at 5.50 pounds. That is also mesh ridgeline bag, peak bag and Therarest Sit-Pad

Hammock
    HH and an ENO
    Tarp
    stock
    Insulation
    pad & sleeping bag
    Though I have seen and followed your "crazy" but very useful and entertaining videos before, I am new to this forum, and can appreciate that sometimes repetitive newbie questions (especially if it's been answered hundreds of times before) can be annoying.

However, I can not seem to find any other reference to "frost bibs" as the one you mentioned in your video, and I am very curious to hear more reviews, or locate a dealer. You did mention "Jacksrbetter", but can not find it on their website.

Any response or direction would be much appreciated, thanks
    Last edited by SWIFT; 01-24-2011 at 12:47.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    3 SEASON YETI
    Suspension
    Webbing and buckle
    Images
    You gonna see all kinds of stuff with Shug that you cant either search here or even google the internet!

However there are 60 videos on Youtube on how to use a Netti Pot??????
    What the world are these folks thinking???

Snotty nose BEAS
    BEAS
    From the Great Southern state of
    TENNESSEE
    Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less. General Robert E. Lee

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Phoenix, Fl Jacket
    Suspension
    whoopies
    OMG. I've been away for a couple of weeks and this is what I come back for! I about jumped off my seat at the end then busted out laughing (mid head shake and still with hand over mouth in omg-he-did-not-just-do-that gesture). I have to thank you for that. A nice good childish laugh cures most anything! Plus I never tire of the cold experiments. Thanks for sharing sir.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFT View Post
    Though I have seen and followed your "crazy" but very useful and entertaining videos before, I am new to this forum, and can appreciate that sometimes repetitive newbie questions (especially if it's been answered hundreds of times before) can be annoying.

However, I can not seem to find any other reference to "frost bibs" as the one you mentioned in your video, and I am very curious to hear more reviews, or locate a dealer. You did mention "Jacksrbetter", but can not find it on their website.

Any response or direction would be much appreciated, thanks
    Just something I have been experimenting with. Just cut up an old shirt ... I used fleece. It totally works!

Quote Originally Posted by BEAS View Post
    You gonna see all kinds of stuff with Shug that you cant either search here or even google the internet!
    However there are 60 videos on Youtube on how to use a Netti Pot??????
    What the world are these folks thinking???
    Snotty nose BEAS
    Haaaaa... yes ... do not do as I do! In some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by newlease View Post
    OMG. I've been away for a couple of weeks and this is what I come back for! I about jumped off my seat at the end then busted out laughing (mid head shake and still with hand over mouth in omg-he-did-not-just-do-that gesture). I have to thank you for that. A nice good childish laugh cures most anything! Plus I never tire of the cold experiments. Thanks for sharing sir.
    Thanks for the laugh.........

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast