Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Images
    Shug,

You just keep on keepin on to new territory! A deep freeze adventure followed by a Netti Pot adventure-------- could it get any wilder?

I am dying to take the credit for pulling you over to the light side from the dark. I.E., the pod side. But sadly I think the credit will have to go to Fordog and the Frozen Butt crew. Either way, you have now given solid video proof to the enormous potential of a pod approach.

Maybe this will encourage some one to finally buy one of those Polar Pods and throw some extra insulation in there and test at extremes. I'm thinking that just has to be an awful easy approach.

You have gone from hanging as low as minus 27 with all kinds of different gear, and even had a guy with you pulling it off the same feat in a suped up HH Super Shelter. Now to impressive feats in a pod rigged from throwing together torso UQs and 20F sleeping bag plus TQ. And you have videoed all of it for both evidence and education.

My balaclava is off to you, Bro!

The video has my pod envy up. I was planning to sleep in my BMBH with MW4, which is my current favorite for overall comfort. But 20 is not a good challenge for that set up ( I've been in and out of it last couple of days). I may have to throw on the old Pea Pod on a Claytor either with lots of puffy clothing laid on top of me, or maybe go luxury with a Golight TQ.

Thanks for your videos!

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Ya done it again shug another great informative video. I would like me a pea pod one day. And yes I do love me some JRB sleeves. Can't wait for the next shug series. And two black rock hats you actually get one to fit over the other. Also wouldent that compress the down of the under hat? Thanks again Shug
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    3 SEASON YETI
    Suspension
    Webbing and buckle
    Images
    [Some gross netti pot action on the end if you are really desperate for something that is shameful to watch.... Haaaaa.

Shug

[/QUOTE]

WITHIN THE LAST 3 MIN I WAS JUST SHOWING MY 7 YR OLD SON HOW TO USE THE NETTI BOTTLE. I love that thing. Makes the Southern sinus stuff go away.

Blow on Brother
    BEAS
    From the Great Southern state of
    TENNESSEE
    Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less. General Robert E. Lee

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeper View Post
    I about fell out of my chair on the netti pot scene! Only himself could make a netti pot funny...you da man, Shug!
    Himself debated putting that on ...... impulse ruled out!

Quote Originally Posted by aboyd View Post
    Excellent test...man, that is COLD. I did not know you were as close to Eagan, MN as you are. Next time I have to make a trip to our water heater plant, I will have to drop you a line and maybe catch some dinner.
    Yeahhhhh Drop me a PM when your here.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTiles View Post
    bwhahahaha, netti pot clip made my day/night...
    Ahhhhh .... my nostrils are so unrestricted......

Quote Originally Posted by Redoleary View Post
    That netti pot, is a laugh out loud, knee slap'n good time!
    Glad you stayed toasty warm in the bitter cold.
    Must say .... really comfortable. Preparing for the Ice Age!

Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    Don't underestimate the girlish screams of a freezing Florida boy. That dog riding baby was pretty loud.
    Fronkey
    Same of the whiny moans of me in Florida heat!

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Shug,

You just keep on keepin on to new territory! A deep freeze adventure followed by a Netti Pot adventure-------- could it get any wilder?

I am dying to take the credit for pulling you over to the light side from the dark. I.E., the pod side. But sadly I think the credit will have to go to Fordog and the Frozen Butt crew. Either way, you have now given solid video proof to the enormous potential of a pod approach.

Maybe this will encourage some one to finally buy one of those Polar Pods and throw some extra insulation in there and test at extremes. I'm thinking that just has to be an awful easy approach.

You have gone from hanging as low as minus 27 with all kinds of different gear, and even had a guy with you pulling it off the same feat in a suped up HH Super Shelter. Now to impressive feats in a pod rigged from throwing together torso UQs and 20F sleeping bag plus TQ. And you have videoed all of it for both evidence and education.

My balaclava is off to you, Bro!

The video has my pod envy up. I was planning to sleep in my BMBH with MW4, which is my current favorite for overall comfort. But 20 is not a good challenge for that set up ( I've been in and out of it last couple of days). I may have to throw on the old Pea Pod on a Claytor either with lots of puffy clothing laid on top of me, or maybe go luxury with a Golight TQ.

Thanks for your videos!
    Well ....you Sir are the Potentate of Pod.
    Fine words.

Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    Ya done it again shug another great informative video. I would like me a pea pod one day. And yes I do love me some JRB sleeves. Can't wait for the next shug series. And two black rock hats you actually get one to fit over the other. Also wouldent that compress the down of the under hat? Thanks again Shug
    May be a bit of compression but still two stacked is REAL WARM!

Quote Originally Posted by BEAS View Post
    [Some gross netti pot action on the end if you are really desperate for something that is shameful to watch.... Haaaaa.
    Shug

WITHIN THE LAST 3 MIN I WAS JUST SHOWING MY 7 YR OLD SON HOW TO USE THE NETTI BOTTLE. I love that thing. Makes the Southern sinus stuff go away.

Blow on Brother
    Blow On !!!!!! Hope the boy liked it. Old Man Having Fun. OMHF!
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    HH UExpl; WBBB; JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    CCS; HH Hex; WB Su
    Insulation
    MW-3, Sierra Sniv
    Suspension
    Woopie, Dutch Clip
    You 'aint right, man! Sick, sick, sick.

I've been looking for a good video reference for performing the Netti-pot maneuver that I could recommend to my patients. (you're NOT it)

Seriously tho, I love the Netti pot and recommend it 10 times a day.
    I have tried to do it winter camping, but wasn't too successful keeping the water warm. Maybe a Hienie-pot Netti-pot and an alcohol stove would do it.

That Fancy Feast stove is my favorite alky stove (well, it's my only one, and I made it myself!) It's "stupid simple", so of course on my second version with an inverted soda can with a fill hole (think "semi-pressurized") it BLEW UP!
    My neighbors just happened to be looking out their window at 11 PM while I was performing "the Test" in the rain. The flaming fiberglass cloth sailed 4 feet into the air and landed on my porch. Be warned, you can't blow those thing out!

I gotta make me one of those Frost Bibs, that is clever!
    Not all who wander are lost.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by canoeski View Post
    You 'aint right, man! Sick, sick, sick.

I've been looking for a good video reference for performing the Netti-pot maneuver that I could recommend to my patients. (you're NOT it)

Seriously tho, I love the Netti pot and recommend it 10 times a day.
    I have tried to do it winter camping, but wasn't too successful keeping the water warm. Maybe a Hienie-pot Netti-pot and an alcohol stove would do it.

That Fancy Feast stove is my favorite alky stove (well, it's my only one, and I made it myself!) It's "stupid simple", so of course on my second version with an inverted soda can with a fill hole (think "semi-pressurized") it BLEW UP!
    My neighbors just happened to be looking out their window at 11 PM while I was performing "the Test" in the rain. The flaming fiberglass cloth sailed 4 feet into the air and landed on my porch. Be warned, you can't blow those thing out!

I gotta make me one of those Frost Bibs, that is clever!
    Never nettied in the woods yet!!!!....I would though.
    They are effective.
    I am impressed with that FF for sure. It did the job.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird, WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Jarbidge and Down
    Suspension
    Straps and Buckles
    Great video, Shug. I'm dyin' up here with the neti footage. I tried it a couple of times and just couldn't get over feeling like I was going to drown. My wife was less impressed, but she's kind of squeamish.

I can't believe you were out in that cold. It was -31 up here last night and I can't imagine bein gout in that kind of cold. Looks like you're having fun and are happy to be out there, though. That's all that matters.
    If your lucky enough to be outdoors, your lucky enough!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AScott View Post
    Great video, Shug. I'm dyin' up here with the neti footage. I tried it a couple of times and just couldn't get over feeling like I was going to drown. My wife was less impressed, but she's kind of squeamish.

I can't believe you were out in that cold. It was -31 up here last night and I can't imagine bein gout in that kind of cold. Looks like you're having fun and are happy to be out there, though. That's all that matters.
    That is terrific. I pondered putting it in. I don't ponder well!
    I love being out there. Would rather be in the backwoods up North but this is what I got so I went .... to my backyard.
    My wife laughs and reminds me that I have no shame. anything to not be bored and hopefully get a laugh.....or a slow head shake. I want both!!!
    It sure was crisp up your way!!!!
    Thanks,
    Shug

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    Great vid Shug. Great to have video reference of the winter systems for those of us who are slowly being brought into winter hanging. I was out napping in the woods today. I have an old huge rectangular down bag i was wondering what to do with and the pod idea might be it. I also like the FF stove , looks like a keeper. Its the right height for my pot scene so i sent Dan $$. We'll see .
    Netti action,,,too funny.
    Shug , sector seven, boogger free zone
    bill
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Images
    Hi Shug,
    Man, you sure are making me a believer.
    I can't wait to give your sleeping bag pod a try
    and I'm already looking thru all my closets for an old
    fleece shirt I cut in to a shug frost bib.

So the outer sleeping bag is only held in place by wrapping it around the hammock and zipping it up?
    No shockcord loop like an UQ to keep the bag from walking off your shoulders?

Thanks again for the ideas and entertainment you (((rock))) my friend.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast