Danger Bird
    Tarp
    Varies with season
    Insulation
    UGQ Everything
    Suspension
    Webbing Suspension
    Quote Originally Posted by fisherman View Post
    What do you guys have against a leatherman? i have had a supertool for many years and it has saved my butt many a time. It goes everywhere with me. Serves the purpose it was made for.
    Don't think any one had anything against a leatherman...they are a great tool to have. I remember when they first came out, I was in the military then...we must have bought out the store in a week, been using them ever since. I have one in my BOB but not this kit. And my truck, and my tool box, and, and

I think some are just saying it may not be practical for a "kit" like this.
    I miss my 4.8Lb base weight as a ground dweller...But I sure DON'T MISS the ground.

Hammock
    Danger Bird
    Tarp
    Varies with season
    Insulation
    UGQ Everything
    Suspension
    Webbing Suspension
    Quote Originally Posted by SamD View Post
    Where did you get the whistle from? What model, etc?
    USA KNIFEMAKER

They have a ton of cool stuff...lots or fun shopping with them, go to their home page and start there. Also ASE has really good survival gear good prices as well.
    I miss my 4.8Lb base weight as a ground dweller...But I sure DON'T MISS the ground.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Sil-Nylon
    Suspension
    Whoopie DIY
    I like!!

Hammock
    DH Thunderbird, WB BB
    Tarp
    WB SF, ENO PF
    Insulation
    New River, Owyhee
    Suspension
    Woopie
    Images
    Little bit of everything in there . Nice

Images
    Nice kit. Got the essentials. I had one of those firesteels, came with a very simliar knife like yours. Only I lved on it so I wore one of them and a ligt my fire down to nearly nothing.
    Where do you keep that, clipped to you belt loop? Remember, many times someon finds themsoelves in a true survival experience, they lost their pack, so the belt knife andkit is a nice piec of mine.

I like how it's right to the basics, the more you know the less you need idea.
    When you say survival nut, I'm curious, what do you mean by that? Home prepping thing, becoming proficient at prmitive skills incase you need to rely on them? I just like to hear other's viewon the subject. Never took one of those classes or schoold around, but I'e been asked to teach one. Do you goto those survival schools, or just learn outdoors skills, applying them to making sure you know what to do if you ever had to?
    If you did I'd love to hear your exerience about it wheher in a pm or here.
    Last edited by fallkniven; 12-27-2013 at 23:55.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    SF, Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0, 20
    Suspension
    adjustable straps
    You might want to would consider how well your kit covers the "Rule of 3's": 3 minutes without oxygen, 3 hours without shelter, 3 days without water, 3 weeks without food?

That idea dramatically changed what I carry around.
    “I held a moment in my hand, brilliant as a star, fragile as a flower, a tiny sliver of one hour. I dropped it carelessly, Ah! I didn't know, I held opportunity.” -Hazel Lee

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sliver View Post
    You might want to would consider how well your kit covers the "Rule of 3's": 3 minutes without oxygen, 3 hours without shelter, 3 days without water, 3 weeks without food?

That idea dramatically changed what I carry around.
    You can cover most of that with know-how, allowing you to carry a small coymfortable package with the basic essentials needed to keep breathing. Remeber a survival anything, ie. knife, kit, is just whatever you've got when everything goes wrong. Not any specifc item, just a mixture of knowledge, and basic gear you keep on your person to aid you geting out alive, such as a knife and sure way for fire, It don't matte rhow skilled/experienced you are, there will always be that day where things go wrong. SInce it's always on my perso, otherwise usles, I like to keep it very basic, adding a couple things I may use often like a multi tool, because i's right there so it' made sense. Between those few items and my belt knife, you should be fairly confident that you can get by. Some learn primitive skills, calling them survival skills (which in a way they are), but don't always realize that it can ony be done cetain times of the year, of for example making cordage. Yes it's easy to do, you dol it a few times and you've got it down. But until you've made a lot of it at once, you don't realize how long it takes, or that finding thee right aterial when you need it is rare. That's why everyone somehow learns, you collect as yu go, never procrastinate in the woods.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123