Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
    Is the concept of the HH SS copyrighted?
    Would HH ever consider a "universal supershelter"?
    I've also pondered the "generic undercover/overcover" idea for other gathered end hammocks.

I have an Explorer Deluxe that I've never taken out yet, but I'm just too cheap to buy the SS just for this one hammock.
    I think it may be, or maybe pending. I know that he's pretty patent crazy with all his new inovations for his gear. I know I read an interview with Brandon who said he had some patent issues with HH when he first started so I wouldn't doubt the SS is patented in some way.. but then again, it's really just an OC, UC and foam pad.. doesn't even include the space blanket which evidentally is the key to making the whole thing work, so I guess there's a good chance it may not be. /pointless rant.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    I didn't mean to steer the thread off in a different direction and we certainly don't want to talk about pirating an obviously successful innovation for HH.

Just thinking out loud that it would be nice if there were a SS that would fit many of the hammocks out there today. It's possible that the #1 or #2 SS would still fit this role if the hammock were modified with pulls in the right location?

Perhaps this topic has already been covered elsewhere. Please carry on.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post

I'm sure they were great for HH but I'm not sure I wanna start the hassle of converting it and not be satisfied with it and at this point
    Hey, I don't blame you!

I KNOW that I like Stormcrows quilts and that they fit.. gotta couple other pieces of gear I'm going to try sellin' on here shortly, maybe I'll get enough for another quilt, we'll see. I know you're a leading supporter of the HHSS Bill, feel like I"m lettin' ya down a lil bit
    Oh man, Slo, not at all! Sure, I am a fan of the HHSS, ( it's what I started with) especially when considering price. And maybe when considering if dealing with wind blown rain/fog might be more of a factor than dealing with severe cold. I think the HHSS is the cheapest thing other than CCF pads that has worked for me in a hammock. And it- for me- has it's own good points, like built in wind and water resistance without having to make or buy a separate sock or weather shield or use a larger tarp.

But you know what else I I am a major fan of, especially the colder it gets? A JRB MW4 on a JRB BMBH, or even on other types of hammocks. And you know what else I am a MAJOR fan of? A Speer PeaPod wrapped around my Claytor Jungle hammock! And, my Climashield Yeti style UQ from WB!

I would never recommend a SS over any of the above, though I do like to use it for fun and might even choose it for particular conditions. Again, for me, it has it's good points. But so do those other quilts.

And I would never advise trying to make a SS work on an hammock other than the HH it was custom designed for, though it has been done and might be the way to go for some. So sell that SS and get yourself another Stormcrow or something similar!

You're the man Bill! Takin' your advice, just posted some gear for sale.. now we wait Hopefully that HHSS goes fast, that'd be a huge chunk of a quilt out of the way.

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition ASM
    Tarp
    Expedition ASM
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    I'm laying outside now in the SS. I'm pretty comfortable with just a fleece on, and it's about 40* outside with some wind. When the air makes it through the breathing hole in the top cover, it's much colder than the temp inside the hammock. I might sleep in it this week...it's going to be above freezing for the first time in a couple weeks here in Kentucky.

Robbie
    Just another Ham in a Hammock....

You using the space blanket Willie?

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition ASM
    Tarp
    Expedition ASM
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Indeed - a heat sheet
    Just another Ham in a Hammock....

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite & WBBB 1.0 Double
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/No Snive
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Thought View Post
    That's the SuperShelter WITH the Overcover for $99
    I wonder what Tom Hennessy is up to...?

DT
    I suspect we will soon see a Hennesy Underquilt.

If I can't sell mine I might have to try to find a bargain HH it'll fit on.

Hey guys, a couple months ago, I got the Expedition side zipper. Will this supershelter work with the side zipper or is it just for the bottom entry version?

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast