Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ / CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie!!!....
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Thought View Post
    Is it wrong to think your hammock should have a name?
    DT
    This is my Hammock there are many like it, but this one is mine...
    My knife is so sharp it cut the sixth finger off my right hand! On the plus side, Inigo Montoya no longer hunts me.

Hammock
    HH Expedition Asym
    Tarp
    30D Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    HH Supershelter
    Suspension
    Biner/Des Rings
    Images
    I broke down and have 2 on order. Now my wife and I can get out in the cold and get rid of those blue pads.
    -----------------------
    Wherever you go=====
    =======There you are
    ----------------------

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition ASM
    Tarp
    Expedition ASM
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    I checked on the tracking number again today, and it appears to have made it to my hometown.

Thanks to Ann at Hennessy for the emails and attention!

Robbie
    Just another Ham in a Hammock....

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RWillieK View Post
    I checked on the tracking number again today, and it appears to have made it to my hometown.

Thanks to Ann at Hennessy for the emails and attention!

Robbie
    Mine got here just now. It spent several days apparently in CO, left there at 0200 on the 2nd, then was signed into Jackson, MS (about 3 hours from here) at 8pm last night the 6th. 4 days from CO to MS? odd.

Anyway, it is here now, but I have been under the weather and don't know when I can test it. I look forward to getting in the woods and testing that OC!

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    HH
    Insulation
    KA Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    1" webbing
    Anyway, it is here now, but I have been under the weather and don't know when I can test it. I look forward to getting in the woods and testing that OC!
    BillyBob - Hope you are feeling better soon. I just got my SS a few days ago and put it on on Sunday. I too look forward to you getting in the woods and testing it. I just know that you will come up with some new/inventive/great ideas for us SS owners!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by easyriver View Post
    BillyBob - Hope you are feeling better soon. I just got my SS a few days ago and put it on on Sunday. I too look forward to you getting in the woods and testing it. I just know that you will come up with some new/inventive/great ideas for us SS owners!
    Thanks, Easyriver! Actually, I am feeling better already thanks to better living through chemistry: A nice strong combo steroid shot (Decadron and Depo-medrol) and a dose of antibiotics. Not counting always testing myself at work ( surgery ) and consulting with all of those Docs at work, I have not been to a Doctor or had a prescription med since 2004. But as soon as I started feeling that burning in my chest when I would cough, it sent me a strong message. Since the last 2 times time I felt that sensation ( 01 and 04) it turned out to be pneumonia. So though it was probably "only" bronchitis this time, I wanted to attack it early and not give it a chance to do what it did- following the "burn"- the last 2 times. Anyway, I am already feeling a lot better in just 4 or 5 hours! YAY!

I hope the steroids don't do me like they did once before: after 1 Celestone (similar to the above) shot, I got home from work and proceeded to stay up ALL night, never came close to dozing off! I got up about 0200 and started house cleaning! In a near panic because I had to give anesthesia all the next day. I needed some sleep! But turns out I went to work, feeling just fine, and worked all day alert and with energy, no problem! Normal after no sleep would be a walking semi-coma! Drove 1 hour to the house, had supper, then crashed major big time. Incredible! But hey, I don't have to work tomorrow, so who cares!

However, I just bet that- considering my bronchitis- even if I'm up tonight- if I took down my old SS (hanging now back yard) and put the new one up and slept out, my wife just go ahead and shoot me. I think that would push her over the edge!

Speaking of ideas and mods, I already have 2 simple ones planned for testing. First is a mini-biner to attach the OC to the side pull out elastics. That way, as mine has no net, I think I can still do side entry. All though at first, I plan to just try it with the bottom entry and my old HH diamond tarp.

2nd is sew a gros grain loop or 2 to the Left side of the pad, and run shock cord up over the ridge line. This should hold the left lower end of the pad slightly up against me, more like it is at the left shoulder, which seems like might increase warmth.

Actually, there is a 3rd test, though not really a mod: 2 full length HH pads( my 4 year old beat up one plus the new one). With or without the kidney/torso pads(those still look brand new after 4 years). It will be fun playing!

BTW: for my longer/wider Explorer, pad, UC, mitten hooks are 21 oz( counting ~.9 oz stuff sack). The OC weighs ~ 3 oz. All about as advertised.

Hey Easyriver, are you in Nova Scotia(SP?)? As in Brrrrr, Canada? Are you managing to stay warm in the SS? That would be quite a challenge up there!
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 02-07-2011 at 23:30.

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition ASM
    Tarp
    Expedition ASM
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Mine showed up today as well, thankfully. I'm looking forward to getting it installed tomorrow, and taking a nap in it
    Just another Ham in a Hammock....

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RWillieK View Post
    Mine showed up today as well, thankfully. I'm looking forward to getting it installed tomorrow, and taking a nap in it
    All riighty then, Willie! It's gonna be cold and snowy here. Hope these things work out for all of you guys! Y'all Don't forget to get the $2 space blanket, or a little more for:
    http://www.adventuremedicalkits.com/...et&product=145

These things make a big dif ( for me anyway) in the HHSS. Often people are resistant to using them for some reason. But they are part of the system as designed.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Asym Xenon
    Suspension
    Whoopies/UHMWPE

New SS Just Arrived... But...

Okay,

My new, on sale, Super Shelter arrived 3 days ago. So last night was the first night I had it set up. It worked perfectly, I was dry and warm all night long, no cold spots... but...

It was really windy last night and, no, the wind did not blow the tarp off or drive the rain in sideways. But the wind was blowing so hard I couldn't sleep through the banging of the fence slats, and other debris flapping around. The last straw was a neighbor's garbage can that went rolling through the back yard..

So yes, the HHSS was perfect, the hammock and tarp were more than up to heavy winds, but maybe Tom wants to think about adding acoustic tile sound proofing foam to the next generation of Super Shelters Call it the SSS (Super Silent Shelter).

Or maybe a cheap pair of ear plugs would be more lightweight, eh?

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    HH
    Insulation
    KA Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    1" webbing
    Yes, I'm in Nova Scotia, but I haven't hung outside yet. Have a hammock stand that allows me to hang my HH with about 2" clearance off the rug. Not real fun to get in and out of at that height! Still experimenting, but finally did spend the whole night in there last night. Learned a few things about being in a hammock for a long period! I'm looking forward to a lot of fun hanging and motorcycling this summer!

PS: Its not all that cold here. Damp, but not nearly as cold as I see some on here report from their different States. Nova Scotia is actually south of many of the American States, and is somewhat affected by the Gulf Stream. Quite often we are just as liable to get rain as snow. That being said, it is snowing here when they predicted rain.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast