Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Gumbo will do it ..... do it just fine!!!!!!
    Okay, I owe you!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Big mamagama
    Insulation
    SPE,blu pad,no sni

Talking

Just signed up to the forum. I attended the first annual FL hang and had a great time. This was my first time hanging, thanks to Duffy letting me use his hammock. I was broke in well with the mid twenty temps. I was surprised how well I slept. I must have been due to the overly filled stomach from all the great food. God bless the cooks, Thank you. The view of the steaming lake and the frosted kayaks was awesome. The pictures were a good reminder.
    When I went to Amicalola falls this fall I was hooked on hiking, and now after last weekend I'm hooked on hanging. I'm planning on purchasing a hammock in the near future. Thinking about the Blackbird. I seen them set up with all the different types of suspension and tarps, and think its the one for me. I want to thank every one for the food, info, and great time. Cant wait till the next hang.

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.7
    Tarp
    Mac Cat Ultra
    Insulation
    thermarest, DIY UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies and strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Walker View Post
    Just signed up to the forum. I attended the first annual FL hang and had a great time. This was my first time hanging, thanks to Duffy letting me use his hammock. I was broke in well with the mid twenty temps. I was surprised how well I slept. I must have been due to the overly filled stomach from all the great food. God bless the cooks, Thank you. The view of the steaming lake and the frosted kayaks was awesome. The pictures were a good reminder.
    When I went to Amicalola falls this fall I was hooked on hiking, and now after last weekend I'm hooked on hanging. I'm planning on purchasing a hammock in the near future. Thinking about the Blackbird. I seen them set up with all the different types of suspension and tarps, and think its the one for me. I want to thank every one for the food, info, and great time. Cant wait till the next hang.
    And we were glad you made it! Keep an eye on the various threads for upcoming events or PM one of us if you need more info.
    Last edited by Flackfizer; 01-25-2011 at 17:30.
    Hedgehogs! Why can't they just share the hedge?

FH3 REPORTS AND PICS http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=66682
    FH4 In the Planning Now! Ask me for more......
    "Vada a Bordo, Cazzo!"

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    We enjoyed having you company, Johnny and look forward to the next time. Until then, your asignment is to read all the posts in the forum, LOL.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Chinook 9.6x9.6
    Insulation
    AH New River UQ
    Suspension
    Came with the BB
    Images
    WOW what a great hang. Every time the Polk sled picture came up I laughed, funny stuff.
    Great people and great food make a great hang.

Sandykayak has the cutiest little hammock warmers I have ever seen.
    I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. - E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe & ENO
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    What a GREAT time that hang was! All the food and camaraderie, and all the great gear to look at! I'm so glad I finally got to meet some of the people who's posts I have been reading over the past few months. It seems that people on the forum are just as polite and welcoming in person as they are online. Making it through that 25 degree night was definitely an accomplishment for me, although it seems to have stuck with me (I have had a nasty cold since I got back). I now really know a lot more about the capabilities of my gear, and I certainly know a lot more about all the gear I would now like to get. I think that Islander may have forgotten one key statistic from the hang: How many people who attended now NEED to purchase some new equipment they saw over the weekend - EVERYONE!

Thank goodness this worked out so well, as I am sure there are many more events just like this one already in the making. Can't wait for the next one, and I also can't wait to meet many more wonderful forum members in person.

Thank you everybody who set this up, everybody who came, and anyone else who made this possible. I truly feel special to have been a part of the FIRST Annual Florida Hand!

Hammock
    WB
    Tarp
    UGQ WD +2 pole mod
    Insulation
    Detail UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    mostly reliable!
    Images
    I agree with all of you. It was fantastic! I wish I didn't miss some of the things that were going on. There was so much to do in so many places, it was impossible to catch it all. What I did catch was some great times with some great people. Thanks to everyone there. I'm ready for more.

Hammock
    Blackbird Double Layer 1.0
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    3 Season Yeti UQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    Great stats, Mark. Even now, days after coming home to the real world, I cannot get the faces, sights and sounds from the weekend out of my mind. Truly a once in a lifetime event. There is only one time we'll have the 1st annual Florida Hang! And we have patches to prove it!!

edhess

Hammock
    whipped homebrew
    Tarp
    GuideGear
    Suspension
    7/64 amstl whppies
    WOW! I wish I could have made it down... Actually had to travel for work that very weekend, and I NEVER have to travel like that! I will definitely try to get to the next FL Hang! Glad everyone had a good time, and a little chilly beats the heat/humidity any day for this Floridian! Loves me a good shrimp boil, too!

Hammock
    Blackbird Double Layer 1.0
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    3 Season Yeti UQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    Kerry, I am a little slow, but I just figured out how to see your slideshow. Great pics. It really captured the feeling of the weekend. I enjoyed your traveling buffalo on the trail. You should keep a special folder just for him in different locations. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

edhess

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast