Tarp
    Golite poncho tarp
    Insulation
    Down UQ / Down bag
    Suspension
    Amsteel whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shewie View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was down to the weather conditions Knotty, a constant fog or haze in the air which never really burnt off as the day warmed up. At night there was ice on the inside of the tarp and on the outer shell of the UQ.
    As far as I know I'm not a sweaty sleeper so I'm putting it down to the weather me thinks.

I've ordered 3m of this stuff today so I'll see if I can figure something out when it comes.

I thought I could lay out my Snugfit on the ground and then just make the Pertex cover a few inches bigger all round, make a channel at the ends and put a length of shock cord through it.
    Shewie was this from your canoe trip up here in Scotland you posted those pics for? Wednesday morning I woke to freezing fog over Loch Lomand, the inside and outside of my tarp were covered in a layer of ice. My UQ was icey too, but thankfully it was the last day I was out

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1SL/UKHamm
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4S/CamoSF
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WhoopieDutchness
    Quote Originally Posted by Highbinder View Post
    Shewie was this from your canoe trip up here in Scotland you posted those pics for? Wednesday morning I woke to freezing fog over Loch Lomand, the inside and outside of my tarp were covered in a layer of ice. My UQ was icey too, but thankfully it was the last day I was out
    Yeah just this weekend mate, I've been down to a lot lower temps and never noticed it before.

The UQ was frozen when I climbed into my hammock so the ice melting will have wetted it out even more. Like you it was only for a couple of nights but I think if it had been for a week or so then things would have got pretty miserable at night time. I'm not sure if any of the down inside the Snugfit actually got wet but the outer shell was sodden.

Hammock
    DIY + whoopie SLR
    Tarp
    Golite poncho tarp
    Insulation
    Down UQ / Down bag
    Suspension
    Amsteel whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shewie View Post
    Yeah just this weekend mate, I've been down to a lot lower temps and never noticed it before.

The UQ was frozen when I climbed into my hammock so the ice melting will have wetted it out even more. Like you it was only for a couple of nights but I think if it had been for a week or so then things would have got pretty miserable at night time. I'm not sure if any of the down inside the Snugfit actually got wet but the outer shell was sodden.
    Must of been pretty similar conditions to myself, then. I think if I had been out any longer I would have tried to air it during the day. No idea what I'd have done if the conditions weren't sutable for that, tho!

Did you have any frost on your TQ/sleeping bag?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1SL/UKHamm
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4S/CamoSF
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WhoopieDutchness
    Quote Originally Posted by Highbinder View Post

Did you have any frost on your TQ/sleeping bag?
    Maybe just a little bit but I think the netting on the BB helps keep most of the frost off.

It's all good learning ain't it

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12