BMBH/WBBB 1.7db
    Tarp
    11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    MtWash3/Sierra Sni
    Suspension
    w.s./straps/marlin
    Not to get off topic but I was wondering if anyone will be attending the
    Florida Trail Association’s 2011 Annual Conference, Wilderness Adventures, is scheduled for March 11-13, 2011 at the Life Enrichment Center in Fruitland Park in Lake County

I didn't know if you might want to schedule around that, if many are going?

Hammock
    Switchback
    Tarp
    OES MacCat's
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skrewloose View Post
    Not to get off topic but I was wondering if anyone will be attending the
    Florida Trail Association’s 2011 Annual Conference, Wilderness Adventures, is scheduled for March 11-13, 2011 at the Life Enrichment Center in Fruitland Park in Lake County

I didn't know if you might want to schedule around that, if many are going?
    I spoke with LDcakes about this event. She had called and asked about hammock considerations. Said they were not entertaining to Hammocks onsite, Or really talking any specifics on hammock camping.
    If you go, let us know what comes of it, if anything.

Hammock
    BMBH/WBBB 1.7db
    Tarp
    11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    MtWash3/Sierra Sni
    Suspension
    w.s./straps/marlin
    Thanks Islander for the heads up! Thats too bad because I believe Sandra Friend is a hammocker. I don't know if she is still on the board though.

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flackfizer View Post
    Yeah--we want to stay on HF for so many reasons--not the least of which is that there always be new people jumping on board. Now, about the hike-I bet there is enough spare gear between us all to outfit you and or Tim if you wanted to hit the woods with us.
    Aww. That's really generous of you Flackfizer. We are going to sit this one out though. We've got to do at least one or two more scouting trips myself for the upcoming paddle I'm pulling together.

Please don't let that stop you from making that offer again in the future! It's not that I'm not interested, it's more a matter of time available. As you might recall, Tim had to leave for the day Saturday during the hang to attend class. That happens every other weekend for us nearly year round. Add in the social schedules of two 16 year old girls and well...things get hectic.

I know that on average Tim and I get out about once a quarter and welcome the company of any new found friends to come hang with us. And since we are always looking to a new place to visit, I'm hoping some of you are like minded and we can combine a few trips for some good times.

Once you guys settle on your hiking date I'll figure out our paddle date. That way if anyone wants to do both they are welcome. I'll try not to be jealous of all time I didn't get to spend outdoors while I'm shuttling kids to voice lessons and SAT testing!

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.7
    Tarp
    Mac Cat Ultra
    Insulation
    thermarest, DIY UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies and strap
    Images
    Is there energy coalescing around APril 8-10? That would leave us clear of the March FT events. Did someone say that the second week was bad (need to look back)? First weekend is April 1-3, second is 8-10. What works?
    Hedgehogs! Why can't they just share the hedge?

FH3 REPORTS AND PICS http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=66682
    FH4 In the Planning Now! Ask me for more......
    "Vada a Bordo, Cazzo!"

Hammock
    Blackbird Double Layer 1.0
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    3 Season Yeti UQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    This is just speaking for myself, I am out of town the first weekend of April, 4/2 & 3, for the tennis tourney in Miami. But if it is a better fit for everyone elses schedule, I am fine with that.

Hammock
    Switchback
    Tarp
    OES MacCat's
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by terri View Post
    Aww. That's really generous of you Flackfizer. We are going to sit this one out though. We've got to do at least one or two more scouting trips myself for the upcoming paddle I'm pulling together.

Please don't let that stop you from making that offer again in the future! It's not that I'm not interested, it's more a matter of time available. As you might recall, Tim had to leave for the day Saturday during the hang to attend class. That happens every other weekend for us nearly year round. Add in the social schedules of two 16 year old girls and well...things get hectic.

I know that on average Tim and I get out about once a quarter and welcome the company of any new found friends to come hang with us. And since we are always looking to a new place to visit, I'm hoping some of you are like minded and we can combine a few trips for some good times.

Once you guys settle on your hiking date I'll figure out our paddle date. That way if anyone wants to do both they are welcome. I'll try not to be jealous of all time I didn't get to spend outdoors while I'm shuttling kids to voice lessons and SAT testing!
    Sounds to me like its time to get those "Kids" their own shuttle devices, [Bicycles] or another set of Keys... Mom's & Dad's got better things to do like Hiking, Paddling, Hammock Camping, Gumbo making/eating. Places to go, People to see!
    "...See ya Monday Kids, Behave & Brush those teeth!..." my $0.02

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by islander View Post
    Sounds to me like its time to get those "Kids" their own shuttle devices, [Bicycles] or another set of Keys... Mom's & Dad's got better things to do like Hiking, Paddling, Hammock Camping, Gumbo making/eating. Places to go, People to see! my $0.02

I'm sure my daughter would agree. And yes I am looking to buy her some transportation around the end of the school year. The problem is finding something with low miles and a good price. I don't want her stranded on side the road anywhere.

Hammock
    Sheltowee 20
    Tarp
    Speer
    Insulation
    Burrow
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flackfizer View Post
    Is there energy coalescing around APril 8-10? That would leave us clear of the March FT events. Did someone say that the second week was bad (need to look back)? First weekend is April 1-3, second is 8-10. What works?
    Second weekend is bad for me, but please don't take that into consideration. Maybe I can make the "exploration pre-trip".

Hammock
    BMBH/WBBB 1.7db
    Tarp
    11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    MtWash3/Sierra Sni
    Suspension
    w.s./straps/marlin
    Quote Originally Posted by islander View Post
    I spoke with LDcakes about this event. She had called and asked about hammock considerations. Said they were not entertaining to Hammocks onsite, Or really talking any specifics on hammock camping.
    If you go, let us know what comes of it, if anything.
    I just got off the phone with Janice from the Florida Trail Headquarters. I told her that I would be camping with a hammock. Is there any problems with hanging a hammock from trees?

"No problem, this is private land with plenty of trees to choose from."

I'll also contact the property owners and ask if it wouldn't be a problem to hammock camp during this event.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast