Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
Tim,

I'm a little confused as to what you were using when you had some issues. What pad did you have in the main compartment of the SPE and what did you have in the wings? And exactly where were the cold spots you found, were those fit issues between the main pad and the wings or something else?
i was using a sthepensons warmlite in the main compartment. i'm not sure which one it is (i bought it used) but it's about 4" thick & mummy shaped.

for the 4 slots at the shoulders i was using 4 of the blue ccf pads i got from ed (almost 1/2" thick), two on each side (one each compartment).

for the 4 slots near the hips, i was using 4 of the grey ccf pads from ed (1/4" thick, one each compartment).

i think the cold spots were mainly just user error... like when i would some how press my knee against the hammock side above the wings by turning, or maybe slide up or down & press a knee against the side above, below, or in between the wings<g>.

i guess because of the restless leg syndrome (RLS) i was twisting & turning more than normal.

the narrow hammock w/ it's short side walls probably didn't help w/ keeping the quilt tucked in as well as i would have liked either.

PS... having trouble w/ the phone co... it's possible i may loose Internet service for a day or so.