Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Cheapo HF camo
    Insulation
    SA down throw UQ
    Suspension
    HF straps w/ rings
    The way I see it, I can pay X dollars for something that is close to what I want, or I can pay X dollars & make it the exact thing I want.

Hammock
    R-III
    Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben
    Insulation
    Feathers
    Suspension
    Cinch & Webbing
    Images
    Concerning all the alky stoves someone else on the forum said it best,,,,something like,,,Mmmmm,,,,,you only wear underwear one at a time but that doesn't mean you get rid of all of your underwear in the drawer. Same applies to camping gear.
    I've done all of the alky stoves Zen Stoves has to offer but I still take the Supercat with me every time, its simple and reliable. Not saying that I have a drawer full of new underwear but keep wearing the same pair over and over again, more like I have a collection of briefs but prefer the boxers. I have yet to try the newer fancy feast design but we can't get the aluminum bottles in Canada (or I have not seen them) so I have obsticals. So much for the first 5 steps, Can someone give me an idea on how it works, I've only seen pictures?

I love the Then & Now comparison... what a difference!
    Thanks MacEntyre, we still chat about the "then" when it goes below 0c, the underquilt is a $16 junior bag rated for +12c and I only used a barrel style sleeping bag inside the Hammock, no pad. Not encouraging anyone starting out to try this, there was a heated bathroom/laundry facility 100 yards from that spot. we've gone to -16c with a D70 shell on that UQ but I wouldnt do it again. It was cold enough for my candle lantern to be the victim of frost on that trip

I want to know more about your DIY WBBB, do you have any pics of just the hammock because she's beautiful!
    Thanks, I've done 5 of them in black and digi cam but no two are alike, I never know how its going to go until I sew the noseeum on.

"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
    My Photos My Videos

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
    John, you sold your wife? Dude. Tell me more!
    I told her that making hammocks is my version of Farmville... she got really quiet after that...
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

Hammock
    DIY DL 1.1 Hennessey Clone.
    Tarp
    Winter Dream Clone
    Insulation
    Pads & DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies!!!
    Images

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
    John, you sold your wife? Dude. Tell me more!
    How much did you get for her???

Hammock
    I only have the ones I've made
    Tarp
    DIY Bumble Bee
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images

HA!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSawyer View Post
    I told her that making hammocks is my version of Farmville... she got really quiet after that...
    My wife gave me her sewing machine after I made my third hammock. I had already purchased a Kenmore from a local thrift shop for $15. They didn't know what they had.

Hammock
    Ask me tomorrow
    Tarp
    Old Blue
    Insulation
    DIY, HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Agnostic
    Images
    (blink -- blink) I, too, fail to see the problem. You are not addicted. You are resourceful. A regular renaissance man. A hammocker savant.

Heh heh.

Excellent progression! And great post showing your evolution.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Black Cat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing
    amen!!!! ever since i got into hiking/hammocking my quest fro diy projects seems to be endless. alcohol stoves, hammocks, pots, and tarps have all gotten my diy bug going. have not yet attempted an UQ but i see it on the horizon for next winter.
    Hops

Hammock
    R-III
    Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben
    Insulation
    Feathers
    Suspension
    Cinch & Webbing
    Images
    (blink -- blink) I, too, fail to see the problem. You are not addicted. You are resourceful. A regular renaissance man. A hammocker savant.
    Well, an ego boosting complement like that leaves little room for debate so with cap-n-hand, Thanks! One has to love a support group that dosent agree there’s problem. I’m clearly sitting in the right boat. Pressing on I’ve started a new undercover., shots below

amen!!!! ever since i got into hiking/hammocking my quest fro diy projects seems to be endless. alcohol stoves, hammocks, pots, and tarps have all gotten my diy bug going. have not yet attempted an UQ but i see it on the horizon for next winter.
    I hummed and hawed over a DIY Down quilt for months, last November I was on HammockGear.com pricing down, StormCrow sells it by the ounce for DIY projects. My wife was curious about my hesitation in placing an order so I told her “Little feathers from one end of the house to the other”… She got me a Winter Incubator for Christmas.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
    My Photos My Videos

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12