1.1 Blackbird or Traveler SL
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    I've always been a fan of Brandon's work and most of my sleeping system gear is warbonnet:

Yeti, Winter Yeti, Mamba, Winter Mamba, Big Mamajamba w/doors spinnUL

As any business person he is trying to make things easier and more affordable to himself and customers while trying to maintain the high standards he sets for his products.
    "If you give a monkey a gun and he shoots someone, you dont blame the monkey"

The end of the world is not coming in December, it is happening now in my living room. - TFC Rick

http://watermonkey.net/

Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RaulPerez1?feature=mhee

Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird
    Tarp
    Working on it
    Insulation
    CCF :(
    Suspension
    WB Webbing
    Yeah it is a shame some knock him for it.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB, HG + Phoenix
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Law Dawg View Post
    Yeah but I still hate him (meant with pure affection and positive feelings ) for making me consider an (i) tarp over a domestic by pricing the (i) ones so low. Curse you Brandon (in my best Snidely Whiplash voice).
    you did say "when possible".
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 Double Layer
    Big Mamajamba Sil
    20D Black Mamba, 40D Burrow, 20D Phoenix
    DIY Whoopies and straps

Quote Originally Posted by NickRP View Post
    Yeah it is a shame some knock him for it.
    not really. A lot of folks want to buy American made products only. Luckily he also offers that
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by McSpartan View Post
    you did say "when possible".
    It's a bad habit picked up from years of having to deal with defense (and prosecution) attourneys for a living. Cover all possible loop holes while crossing all I's and dotting all T's...oops.

Images
    I just received my WB BMJ (i) and Door Kit (i) this week. I'm very impressed and wouldn't hesitate to order anything from WarBonnet regardless of origin. Stuff sack... seams... quality all around is excellent. I also had a small issue with my order (which was my fault) and he was more than happy to help me with what was actually my mistake. Great customer service and excellent quality product. I couldn't ask for more. Thanks WB.

Quality isn't the only concern of course. It's a tricky problem indeed. If you want to expand production by hiring employees in the US you're probably going to end up hiring illegal or recent immigrants anyway, which sort of defeats the purpose if your purpose is to give jobs to Americans... American Apparel is MADE IN THE USA, but they also have to give english lessons to their employees--think about that one for a minute--most of the money earned by the employee probably gets wired right back to their country of origin. But perhaps it's wiser to support Mexico than China in the end.

Here's my advice--Hipsters are the new mexicans. They will work for cigarettes and PBR. If you can get past the smell, and the language barrier, they can be great workers. Turnover is high, but you can always find new ones lined up outside of Starbucks and Buffalo Exchange...

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Manufacturing, business practices, and the source of goods are off-topic for this forum.

If you have specific complaints or praise about the quality of Warbonnet's (i) goods, then that's a valid topic. But just discussing and speculating about the source manufacture isn't helpful.

Let's keep it on topic and friendly please.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird
    Tarp
    Working on it
    Insulation
    CCF :(
    Suspension
    WB Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by jackleberry View Post
    Quality isn't the only concern of course. It's a tricky problem indeed. If you want to expand production by hiring employees in the US you're probably going to end up hiring illegal or recent immigrants anyway, which sort of defeats the purpose if your purpose is to give jobs to Americans... American Apparel is MADE IN THE USA, but they also have to give english lessons to their employees--think about that one for a minute--most of the money earned by the employee probably gets wired right back to their country of origin. But perhaps it's wiser to support Mexico than China in the end.

Here's my advice--Hipsters are the new mexicans. They will work for cigarettes and PBR. If you can get past the smell, and the language barrier, they can be great workers. Turnover is high, but you can always find new ones lined up outside of Starbucks and Buffalo Exchange...

LOL Aggreed, but anyway, I just wanted to say that the Quality of the the WB (i) seems to be just as good as the USA stuff. So those of you second guessing purchasing, DONT! great gear great DEAL!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DOUBLE
    Tarp
    WB SUPERFLY
    Insulation
    IN SEARCH OF!
    Suspension
    tree huggers
    Images
    I also purchased a WB BMJ and I love it! Got it in the range I am willing to pay for a tarp. I would also look at UQ and TQ with an (i) very hard!
    I am 100% american but I am 100% realistic enough to know that 99.5% of EVERYTHING in my house that I own is either manufactured overseas or some part of it is. I too, have lost jobs over the years to overseas manufacturing (i.e. York International subsidiary company Bristol Compressors moved operations that I was in a management level inventory control/materials management job to Mexico) so I have felt the pain of Nafta! I truly believe that one day those manufacturing jobs will come back.
    Anyway nuff said!
    Bugman is climbing off his soapbox now!
    T
    Tony a.k.a. bugman0914

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast