Hi everybody.

I've been lurking here off and on for a several years, so I guess it's time to register.

I've been playing w/ hammocks for years, starting with the cheap Walmart nylon braid diamond pattern hammocks. These were the ones w/ the rings on the ends instead of the wooden bars they make now. Used 'em mostly for daytime lounging and slung in a sort of swing configuration.

A few years ago I got a Bliss/Mosquito hammock and stuck it in my carry-on luggage in case I got stuck in an airport. Never had to use it, but I was ready. It's still in my wife's car as part of her emergency kit.

I wonder if I have one of the more unique DIY hammocks....
One of the leaders in the BSA troup I volunteer w/ is a city cop. From him, I got a retired State flag and cut the frayed ends off. Then folded the ends over and sewed a rope in. Viola! a nice 12' (after trimming) long 6' wide hammock. I've used it on 3, week long scout camp campouts. I had a tent for backup, cause I didn't put a tarp over it. During the day it served as a lounge, swing and at nite either I slept in it or another leader or scout would. We abuse our resident cop for more flags so other scouts can have one.

Future???: I think a Clark NA is in the works. If I'd have gotten myself together, I'd be sleeping in it for Klondike this weekend. Oh well, I'll practice thru the summer.

Anyway, hi.