Hammock
    Switchback/DD Superlight
    Tarp
    BDD/DDH SL
    Insulation
    JRBShen/AHE/DDH UB
    Suspension
    Straps/DC-DDH susp
    I also have a TL double that I use for snoozing on the deck. Mine is gold/bronze with black edges.

Sometimes the sun is shining in my eyes or I just want it darker and I keep meaning to bring some clothespins/binder clips or??? to clip it shut.

It's really roomy.

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutsnoa View Post
    Can anyone tell me about the Trek Light Hammocks? Good or Bad, just right. Just would like some info. Thanks
    SNOA
    It looks like you've gotten the responses you need but I'll throw in one more...

...Alan swears by his Trek Light Double - He keeps buying new hammocks to replace it with and they don't seem to beat it so he sells the new ones and keeps the TLD.
    Last edited by UncleMJM; 02-01-2011 at 15:55. Reason: link added

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post
    Alan swears by his Trek Light Double - He keeps buying new hammocks to replace it with and they don't seem to beat it so he sells the new ones and keeps the TLD.

I'm Alan, and I approve that message!
    UncleMJM just doesn't know how right he is. I'll probably be posting a like-new Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 single for sale pretty soon.

I love my Trek Light double hammock so much, I wrote an article...
    http://www.treklightgear.com/TrekLif...-staying-warm/

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I'm Alan, and I approve that message!
    UncleMJM just doesn't know how right he is. I'll probably be posting a like-new Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 single for sale pretty soon.

I love my Trek Light double hammock so much, I wrote an article...
    http://www.treklightgear.com/TrekLif...-staying-warm/
    You're not alone Alan. I'm in the same boat. I keep buying different hammocks as well,and finding that I don't like them as well as I like my Trek Light double. As soon as it warms up a bit outside, I have a new WB Traveler to test drive. But I'll never get rid of my TL. Good thing the other brands of well-made, desirable hammocks hold their resale value. It's not impulse buying / indecision ...... it's "re-homing" deserving hammocks.
    KJ

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    There's a forum member designing a custom-made mosquito net for my Trek Light. I don't want to give away the surprise just yet but when it comes in, I will be taking tons of pictures and posting a thread about it.

Here's a hint:
    cough...PapaSmurf...cough

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Seth, isn't about time for some kind of sale?
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    Trek Light Double
    Tarp
    Tyvek HW & GG12X12
    Insulation
    WalMart blue pads
    Suspension
    1" straps & biners

Trek Light Thoughts

It looks like you've gotten a lot of positive replys.

Here's a little more from my perspective.

Trek light was the first plunge into hammocks we took and bought 4 Trek light doubles (2 forest green and 2 khaki & green.) They arrived just a couple days after we ordered. We instantly fell in love with hammock camping as soon as we rigged them in the back yard, (in fact I'll find a way to hang before I sleep on the ground again.) We loved the ability to have the kids hop in the hammock with one of us or each other for companionship or warmth.

The very next day though, my daughter came in the house after rigging her hammock (she's 9 and figured out in a few minutes) and said there was a hole in the middle her hammock. I went to investigate and found what looked like a cigarette hole and multiple oil spots on the new hammock. I called the company and the owner, Seth, picked up. Totally professional, said that one of the test hammocks must have got mixed in with the new ones. He mailed out a replacement that I had less than 48hours later.

The construction of the Trek lights are totally top notch. We have made 3 of our own and bought 2 of the Walmart EQUIP ones and they are not the same level of construction. I put a note in the walmart thread on the forum evaluating the EQUIP if you're interested. The Equip ones are good, level of fine details are lacking by comparison. I have also since tested Grand Trunk and ENO and have concluded that Trek Light was the best hammock for us to get started and continue with until we tailor our own.

We only got the hammocks from Trek Light, they were out of rigging and tarps when we ordered so we had to make our own. Sorry, no opinion there. We changed out the rigging before our first camping hang. The ropes and 'S' hardware that came with them are fine yet the carabiners we got were much lighter. We have been through a few rigging setups and are now sticking with tree straps and woopie slings threaded right through the hammock.

Wrapping up...at 22ozs per double hammock; considering the ultra soft fabric, fantastic construction, and the ability to snuggle with your family in the colors of your choice, it is hard to go wrong for the money.

And to sound like a comercial: Personal service from the owner of the company...priceless!

Hammock
    TLG single hammock
    Hi there,

I just tried my Trek Light Single after work today. Great product.
    I've never had any hammocks before so I can't really compare my hammock to the rest of the market but given the weight, quality, and price, let's just say it's very good value for money.

The TLS is rather large and comfy if you're not planning on sharing it with your misses. I can't even imagine laying in a TL Double on my own That'd be too much hammock for me.

Hammocks are not very popular here in old Europe but I'm hoping to make ppl jalous when they see me hanging in the forest.

And indeed, realising that it's the owner of the company who actually manages personal service and on-line feedback (and the hand written "enjoy" comment on the invoice?) is pretty cool.

Keep it up Seth!

Hammock
    Trek Light Double
    Tarp
    V9 Strong Tarp
    Images
    Chato - Thanks for the support and thanks for taking the time to share your positive experience with everyone on the forums. Glad you're loving the hammock so far, don't hesitate to take some pictures of your Old Europe hammock spots and share them. If you ever need anything just let me know!
    --
    Seth Haber
    Trek Light Gear | Founder, CEO
    p: 720.446.2854
    w: treklightgear.com
    Feel Good. Do Good. Pass It On.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12