Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Awesome, thanks for getting back to me. That is the way I wanted to do it as it seems like a stronger hold. It would be cool to see your set up, post some pics if you have time.

Fronkey

Hammock
    DIY Knotty/Speer special, RED
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    I'll get some pics up tomorrow, I have the Aerobed out in the room now for babysitting purposes. Swap back to the Hammock tomorrow.

Hammock
    DIY Knotty/Speer special, RED
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    Kay Fronkey, I have some pictures up in my gallery, Here's a go at thumbnailing them here. Left to right

First is the hammock ready to go to bed. Big pillow goes under my knees, little pillow for the head. I have an insulated blanket hanging over my ridgeline to throw over if I get too cold at night.

Next shows the Hammock just hung, really not much different from above but it does show where my anchor point is by my window. It also shows my inflatable Aerobed. Just as comfortable as my high dollar Sleep Comfort, but I don't think it will last near as long. My Select Comfort is over 10 years old and is just as comfortable today as it was new. I find I need to pump a little air into this one every day. That ain't gonna get better. Only cost a couple hundred bucks though compared to the Select Comfort King size price, egads.

Speaking of the Anchor point by my window, heres a closeup. You can see my test drills for the center of the framing 2x4. It holds good and solid. I forget how big the eyebolts are, but they're rated for 6-700 pounds I think.

Nest is a close up of my Knotty DIY style channeled end gather. Whoopie sling suspension and ridgeline.

And finally, here is my current sleep system stored and ready. Making the bed never was so easy. Fold the blanket up and store it on the left shelf, two pillows above it. Hook the foot end carabiner on the head end and roll the hammock up and store it on the right of the pillows. Bed clothes go on the right shelf. Two sets right now because I sleep in a lot less clothes when half of me is insulated by a bed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MrClean417; 01-30-2011 at 21:31.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12