DIY Knotty/Speer special, RED
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings

Now I've got a problem

Pretty much got my DIY dialed in. After a couple nights of sleeping on it but having troubles getting out of it I changed back from a gathered and whipped end to the Channel wrapped end. I also played with the ridgeline a bit. With the gathered and whipped I ended up having sides that felt like two metal bands that I couldn't get my legs over, it made getting out almost impossible. Now you can feel the hem but I can get my feet on the floor and get out without much effort. Either way though the last two nights I've not woken up once. Ought to make that three as it's not the hammocks fault my cell phone rang Wednesday night.

The problem? Well, I woke up at 4:30 this morning. I managed to stay in there swinging, thinkin of things, petting the dogs and just generally lolly gagging for another 30 minutes but then I had to get up. It's too early Saturday morning to do anything and it's dark and cold outside. So I cruised the net for a bit. By 6:30 I had the second load of laundry going and had done a couple other quite household chores.
    It's 9 now and I just got done doing an hour on the treadmill. The wife probably won't wake up for another hour if I'm quite enough.

What am I going to do if this is the results of switching to a hammock? Luckily, we babysit tonight so I'll have the bed back open so if the gbaby wakes up she can come in and snuggle with me. But I'll tear that back down and get the hammock back out Sunday.

I figure on giving it another week and if satisfied I"ll start working on bug netting. Then a stuffer bag, then we'll work on the wonderful world of Tarps.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    All that extra morning free time means you can work uninhibited on said bugnetting, stuffsacks, tarps...etc.
    After you mark a couple things off the honey do list first of course

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    The completion ratio of a honey-do-list to DIY relationship should be in the neighborhood of 3 to 1 (3:1). For every three things she asks you to do and you complete, in a timely manner should allow 1 DIY project. This of course is rule and not a law and should be followed at your own risk!!!!!!!!!!!
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    1.1 dbl ge double strech-side
    Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG- TQ,UQ- DIY PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie,D Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbamaguy View Post
    The completion ratio of a honey-do-list to DIY relationship should be in the neighborhood of 3 to 1 (3:1). For every three things she asks you to do and you complete, in a timely manner should allow 1 DIY project. This of course is rule and not a law and should be followed at your own risk!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's the problem, I had it backwards. I thought it was a 1:3 ratio. Every 1 thing for her and 3 DIY!!!!
    I'm a member of PETA!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    Ah, the joys of being single

Hammock
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    Honey do, oh lord is that going to get interesting. In the depressed housing market and with the 'Deal with the Devil' arrangment we have with our Daughter when she gets into nursing school, we're going to pay her half of the rent. Well, it's more cost effective and maybe even lucrative for us to buy another house and set them up in it. Later if they want the house and after they've established credit we can sell it to them OR if they find a different house and want to buy one of their own, we'll just end up selling the house, Hopefully in a sellers market.

In the meantime, I'll have a honeydo list for two houses. Until we get him up to speed on how to do things. Like I'm up to speed in any case. All four of us are meeting with the Realtor today at 3 to go look at a half dozen places. Same realtor that we bought our house with who can't believe my little girl is full grown with a baby of her own not too much younger then when we bought this house.

Come spring I'm stuffin a bag on the back of the motorcycle and riding till I run out of people and find some trees, then hangin out there until my head stops spinning.

It could be a while.

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    What does a channel wrapped end look like? I have a blackbird and want to venture into making my own in the next couple weeks. I was going to do a gathered end because it looked like a strong hold. But, now you have me curious.

Fronkey

Hammock
    Warbonnets!
    Tarp
    OES, WB
    Insulation
    Crowsnest, Leighs
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    What does a channel wrapped end look like? I have a blackbird and want to venture into making my own in the next couple weeks. I was going to do a gathered end because it looked like a strong hold. But, now you have me curious.

Fronkey
    Is this what your looking for Fronkey? http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...onnet+whipping
    It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by optimator View Post
    Is this what your looking for Fronkey? http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...onnet+whipping
    That's the one I was going to try and make actually. I wasn't sure if "channeled end" was a different way of making the ends of the hammock. But, thanks a lot for responding.

Fronkey

Hammock
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post

Fronkey
    Knotty has a tutorial in the DIY section, his is a channel wrapped, or channeled or whatever you call it. Just fold over the end, sew and then run a cord through it, start a knot and pull the ends into a gather and tie it tight. In Speers hammock book he just gathers the ends and ties them into a knot.

Like everything else it seems, there's more then 6 or 7 ways to do this. The first hammock I made was just a queen size sheet and the youtube video showed how to gather and fold over the ends, then run a rope through the fold, whipping and back through the loop, then knotted on the top side. It sitting in the closet right now. When I get this hammock fixed up and ready for camping I intend on going to the fabric store, getting a longer piece of the same material and doing it up then same. The material was very comfortable and washable for year round use. It was just too short, I think with my head on one knot my feet were on the other.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast