Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: I am Shug

Hammock
    Hennessy, only one I've ever had
    Tarp
    Eno Dry Fly
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    After reading every post, all I can say is Thanks & Whooo Buddy.

It would be great if the Discovery or History Channel would do a reality show featuring Shug's ramblings around the country.
    Dr. Doug Phillips from the University of Alabama does a show called Discovering Alabama that is a great highlight to our great outdoors. You Shug, could do one for the whole country. The world according to Shug.

Go Team Shug!

Thanks again!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by krulfe View Post
    all the way overhere in small Denmark we love you
    I really want to visit Denmark someday!!!! One country I have yet to step foot on.

Thanks all ...... I am truly touched by your kindness.
    I got a lot to live up to I reckon........
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Warbonnet 1.7DL
    Tarp
    W.B. BMJ
    Dear Shug,

LOL.. like that intro? Anyways I would personally like to thank you for all your videos and music. I have learned so much from you already that I think that -22 would be no problem for me next year. Every Time I watch your videos new and old I learn something new.

Yesterday I fell in love with the boots you wear during the winter and now want a pair for my 36 mile winter hike in some of the most killer terrain here on the NY/Mass. border called the Taconic Crest Trail. I have a image of the terrain on my profile pics if you want to see what it looks like.

Tonight I found one of your older vids and learned that I need to have a splash guard during rain. I didn't even think of that, DOUGH.....

As with a lot of people here, you have brought me countless hours of laughter, knowledge, joy, tricks, tips, ideas, gear reviews, links, discuss (the nose enema was way to much for me to see, but yes I did watch it anyways ) and also to hammockforums.net

Your confidence in me (with the right gear of course) that I could have some of the best overnight experiences on the trail in a hammock, made me decide that this is the way I want to go.

Thank you very very much for all the time and hard work you put in, in order to get us your "Hammock Talk", "Hammock Talk from a Minnesota Tree", "Hammock Tails from Minnesota", "Hanging around Minnesota", or what ever else you want to call your vids, there all great.

Gene G.

P.S. You need to have more music, or let us know where we can get some of it. I love bluegrass and not to many people up this way play it.

P.S.S. If you ever get out this way, let me know. I want to make sure you get up to the Dream Away Lodge here in Becket Mass. Its where some of the greatest musicians have gone to just have a good time.
    Oh and its got tons of state land very close by that would love to have a hammock hung from it's trees at night.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Mors Super Shelter
    Insulation
    homemade quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    That Shug - what a great influence he is to us all! Some day I hope I will have the enjoyment of a hang with you in person, not just in video! And here's a real tribute - because of you, I bought and religiously use a Netti Pot!!! So - warm hangin' and a clear sinus to you, buddy!
    Low and Slow Is How I Roll

Hammock
    JRB BMB
    Tarp
    JRB 11'x10'
    Insulation
    JRB TQ / UQ set
    Suspension
    JRB tri-glide
    danger danger

thread drift warning

Quote Originally Posted by genegene View Post
    my 36 mile winter hike in some of the most killer terrain here on the NY/Mass. border called the Taconic Crest Trail.
    Would like to know your exact route.

I have a write-up of a bushwhack from the AT south of Jugg's End over to the Taconic, south of Mt Fray, that would enable a pretty good multi day loop.

Thinking of trying it in late spring
    Last edited by tjm; 02-11-2011 at 15:46.
    Love my JRB BMB

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by genegene View Post
    Dear Shug,

LOL.. like that intro? Anyways I would personally like to thank you for all your videos and music. I have learned so much from you already that I think that -22 would be no problem for me next year. Every Time I watch your videos new and old I learn something new.

Yesterday I fell in love with the boots you wear during the winter and now want a pair for my 36 mile winter hike in some of the most killer terrain here on the NY/Mass. border called the Taconic Crest Trail. I have a image of the terrain on my profile pics if you want to see what it looks like.

Tonight I found one of your older vids and learned that I need to have a splash guard during rain. I didn't even think of that, DOUGH.....

As with a lot of people here, you have brought me countless hours of laughter, knowledge, joy, tricks, tips, ideas, gear reviews, links, discuss (the nose enema was way to much for me to see, but yes I did watch it anyways ) and also to hammockforums.net

Your confidence in me (with the right gear of course) that I could have some of the best overnight experiences on the trail in a hammock, made me decide that this is the way I want to go.

Thank you very very much for all the time and hard work you put in, in order to get us your "Hammock Talk", "Hammock Talk from a Minnesota Tree", "Hammock Tails from Minnesota", "Hanging around Minnesota", or what ever else you want to call your vids, there all great.

Gene G.

P.S. You need to have more music, or let us know where we can get some of it. I love bluegrass and not to many people up this way play it.

P.S.S. If you ever get out this way, let me know. I want to make sure you get up to the Dream Away Lodge here in Becket Mass. Its where some of the greatest musicians have gone to just have a good time.
    Oh and its got tons of state land very close by that would love to have a hammock hung from it's trees at night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tourezrick View Post
    That Shug - what a great influence he is to us all! Some day I hope I will have the enjoyment of a hang with you in person, not just in video! And here's a real tribute - because of you, I bought and religiously use a Netti Pot!!! So - warm hangin' and a clear sinus to you, buddy!
    Nice to meet ya'll too!
    Thankee and all that stuff.

A Netti Convert .... after my demo!!!!! My work is done here.
    Shug

Quote Originally Posted by Firedog View Post
    After reading every post, all I can say is Thanks & Whooo Buddy.

It would be great if the Discovery or History Channel would do a reality show featuring Shug's ramblings around the country.
    Dr. Doug Phillips from the University of Alabama does a show called Discovering Alabama that is a great highlight to our great outdoors. You Shug, could do one for the whole country. The world according to Shug.

Go Team Shug!

Thanks again!

I think that's a great idea. How many people are here because they thought about using a hammock and went to youtube? I'd say there's a fair case for it.

Hammock
    DIY 1.1 whipped ends
    Tarp
    DIY 10'x12' Sil
    Suspension
    Whoopie SLS
    Shug, I've seen a couple videos before, but after watching several in a row, I've come to the conlusion... you're nuts!

That's OK, I'm happy to know that I'm in good company

Thanks for the vids. You lurnin' fun.
    Life is hard? Compared to what?

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe+2QZQ Mod #4
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    I think that's a great idea. How many people are here because they thought about using a hammock and went to youtube? I'd say there's a fair case for it.
    Me for one! I thought it very interesting that after having looked up tons of videos on hammocks and especially the main brand I'm considering, I happen on the the forums and find a couple of the authors of the videos I found most entertaining AND informative.

Glad that ya'll take the time to help out us less informed folk! Thank you guys!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hikelite View Post
    Shug, I've seen a couple videos before, but after watching several in a row, I've come to the conlusion... you're nuts!

That's OK, I'm happy to know that I'm in good company

Thanks for the vids. You lurnin' fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Me for one! I thought it very interesting that after having looked up tons of videos on hammocks and especially the main brand I'm considering, I happen on the the forums and find a couple of the authors of the videos I found most entertaining AND informative.

Glad that ya'll take the time to help out us less informed folk! Thank you guys!
    That is just too cool fellers!!!!!
    Thank You))))
    Shug

• + New Posts
  • Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast