Warbonnet XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie/Costco TopQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Ring Buckle

Thumbs up Took Eureka Chrysalis on Knobstone Trail

Spent two days on Knobstone Trail with a group. Was finally able to test out my Chrysalis. It rocked!

Friday night I got into camp from Chicago at about 11:30 p.m. People had already set up and gone to bed. What was left wasn't level. No prob. I set up my hammock on a slope. Weather was probably 60 degrees or so. Went to sleep with just my 45 degree bag and light long sleeve shirt and lightweight pants. No pad. Slept great!

Second night, was a little cooler--it had rained most of the afternoon. Started the night out the same way but started raining again at some point in the night and I got a little chilly on my back. Slipped my prolite 4 pad into my bag and could feel the difference immediately! Went right back to sleep. Slept high and dry until morning. Not a drop of rain got in. I was able to keep a pair of size 14 boots, a large thermarest AND a nalgene in the storage above my head with no problem.

The great thing about the hammock is that I not only didn't worry nearly as much as other people about the campsite conditions, but that I think I did less tossing and turning in it than I do at home in my own bed.

The KT is tough, y'all. Especially for a large newbie flatlander like me. But I went to bed bushed and aching and woke up restored. I was shocked at how good I felt the next morning.

I had a great time on a tough trail with some good people. And I think a good night's sleep helped.

It's a keeper!

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    sounds like you had a great trip man. Id love to try the chrysalis out. I missed the cabelas sale

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Typhoon 70D
    Insulation
    EE Prospect
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I have slept in mine several times with the same conclusion you have come to....It's a keeper! The true test will come when I take it to the BWCA from 4-11 Jun,2011.

Hammock
    Warbonnet XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie/Costco TopQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Ring Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by DBasi View Post
    I have slept in mine several times with the same conclusion you have come to....It's a keeper! The true test will come when I take it to the BWCA from 4-11 Jun,2011.
    BWCA sounds like a great test. Should be a lot warmer than I experienced. I worry about ventilation in the summer. Trip report, please!

• + New Posts