Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by optimator View Post
    Try tying your side pulls more up and out. I really get more room that way. When I'm in the woods I just tie out with my lines to a tree. In the backyard I tie out to the kids swing set
    That was a technique I was thinkin about. Thanks for the encouragement!
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & incubator
    Suspension
    adjustable webbing
    So what seems to be the best method of tying the pullouts "up and out" when you don't have a tree etc to tie off to? I was thinking about putting a small loop of shockcord on each pull out then running a line of say triptease between the two pullouts connected to the shockcord loops. Then tie an alpine butterfly loop in the line and larkshead like a 10-15ft cord on, and tie to a trekking pole and then ground. Hopefully that makes sense.

I just recieved my Superfly, and havn't had a chance to set it up anywhere yet. Will get it up and playing with it this week though. I am just trying to find what the best methods and lengths are for all of the tie outs, ideally so I don't have to waste any cord by cutting it too short in the first place.

It seems like the general consenus is to use tarp self tensioners, but I noticed on this Op's post that there are none. I have never used a sil tarp so don't quite know how much sag to expect and if it is easier to just use a setup like in this thread's post or use a self tensioner.

Hammock
    HH, CJH NX-250, WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Std, Hex, or WBSF
    Insulation
    Burrows&Incubators
    Suspension
    Poly web w/AHE buc

I should be reviewing Job Safety Analyses right now,

but I am too psyched about my Superfly!

How about this: Two small dia CF tent poles simply layed over the ridgeline with shock cord from their ends down to the tarp pull-outs? That would be adjustable for everything from battening down for winter to setting up a porch in summer. I have an old tent with Easton poles I can try this weekend......

Jim.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rambler View Post
    So what seems to be the best method of tying the pullouts "up and out" when you don't have a tree etc to tie off to? I was thinking about putting a small loop of shockcord on each pull out then running a line of say triptease between the two pullouts connected to the shockcord loops. Then tie an alpine butterfly loop in the line and larkshead like a 10-15ft cord on, and tie to a trekking pole and then ground. Hopefully that makes sense.

I just recieved my Superfly, and havn't had a chance to set it up anywhere yet. Will get it up and playing with it this week though. I am just trying to find what the best methods and lengths are for all of the tie outs, ideally so I don't have to waste any cord by cutting it too short in the first place.

It seems like the general consenus is to use tarp self tensioners, but I noticed on this Op's post that there are none. I have never used a sil tarp so don't quite know how much sag to expect and if it is easier to just use a setup like in this thread's post or use a self tensioner.
    Using your hiking poles for the pullouts would prob work if you didnt have a tree close enough. I'll have to try that. I'm pretty sure Brandon says that tarp tensioners don't let you achieve the potential for tautness. I just read this in another thread.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    Clark Jungle Hammock-NX 250
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Winter Incubator
    Suspension
    Straps, cinch bkls
    Got my Superfly last friday just in time for The Boy Scout klondike Derby and Deep Freeze. I was very pleased with it and the way it held up to the snow load. Best tarp I've gotten yet.
    "Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime” Rupert Pupkin

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Phoenix,LHBR,PP
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by HamMike View Post
    So I found some time to tinker around today. I switched out my guylines from my old tarp and did some splicing to make two more so all the pullouts would have lines. I have the four corners and side pulls rigged up with red 1.75mm zing-it prussic onto grey 2mm lash-it for the lines. Each line has a locked brummel at the stake end and buried end at the tarp end. This allows me to adjust them from the inside if the weather is nasty. I really like the doors and the way they tuck away with the help of a couple 7/64 amsteel blue continuous loops. I have the door tie outs rigged up with some bungee and plastic hooks. They are just the right lengths to pull inside and connect with the amsteel loops. It will be interesting to see how the side pulls perform. They do seem a little high up but I've never used side pulls and I'm sure Brandon knows where they work best. This tarp seems to have it all for me.

1- lightweight
    2- doors
    3- side pullouts
    4- rugged corner tie outs
    5- reinforced ridgeline
    6- plenty of room
    7- lots of configuration possibilities
    just to name a few
    In the last picture to the right on the bottom showing the door tieouts, what is the shorter piece connecting the plastic hook with the stake. I assume the other longer piece is the bungee.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bike camper View Post
    In the last picture to the right on the bottom showing the door tieouts, what is the shorter piece connecting the plastic hook with the stake. I assume the other longer piece is the bungee.
    Thats bungee cord as well. That picture is a view from inside the tarp. The picture on the bottom row on the left is the same side only from the outside.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12