1.1 Blackbird or Traveler SL
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    Almost 2 1/2 weeks left until I hit the trails. My co-workers, managers, partners and my martial arts friends really stepped up the past 2 weeks and placed some generous donations.

Right now at $1,335 which means the AT Conservancy gets $267 to help maintain the trails. Still far from $2,000 which was my goal and getting no help from my bailed out partner too.

Very little donations from the hiking community unfortunately. If you feel my event is worthy enough please see my signature.
    "If you give a monkey a gun and he shoots someone, you dont blame the monkey"

The end of the world is not coming in December, it is happening now in my living room. - TFC Rick

http://watermonkey.net/

Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RaulPerez1?feature=mhee

Hammock
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    Unfortunately I received saddening news about my Fiance's father. His cancer has spread and only has a few more weeks left.

I am postponing my trip until late June mid July. Once a solid date has formed I will provide details.

Raul

The end of the world is not coming in December, it is happening now in my living room. - TFC Rick

Youtube Channel:

Very sorry to hear this Raul, hope his last moments are pain free and with lots of family at his side!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    DIY bridge hammock
    Tarp
    OES/WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Images
    Sorry to hear the news Raul. Peace to you and your fiance's family during this time.
    Syb
    Enjoy the elevation

Hammock
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    Today my Fiancé’s father has passed due to colon, rectum and stomach cancer. He was diagnosed late January 2011 2 weeks after I asked for his daughter’s hand in marriage.

A very nice man who was a Navy Korean War veteran. He loved spending time with his grand kids and was notorious at cheating while playing UNO and always lost at Monopoly.

He mixed up the names of the kids’ favorite tv characters to get a laugh from them for example he called the Big Show (WWE Wrestler) the Big Story as well as other funny sayings such as “Jump on my chest and lets see who’s the best”… I still to this day have no idea what that means but it still cracks me up.

I remember having him over all the time and serving him Amoretto on the rocks which was his favorite drink at my house while complaining how uncomfortable my couch was (it really is though so I couldn’t fault him). He was a wonderful cook and at one time in his life owned a deli which he claimed Bruce Springsteen came to frequently to practice his guitar before he made it big.

I pray that he is at peace now and that the suffering he endured the past 2 months has been put behind him. He is survived by his wife, 2 brothers, 2 sons, 2 daughters, and 7 grand children.

Youtube Channel:

Hammock
    WB Blackbird Double Layer 1.0, DYI
    Tarp
    The Edge
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ HG-TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Dutchware
    Images
    Raul,

Just made a small donation to the Strength For Life Charity Fund. I only wish it could be more. Lets see if other HF Members can help Raul out making his worthy goal of $2.000.00. It's easy to do. Clck on Raul's signature link on any of his posts. It will take you to a secured VeriSign Trusted Site. Just type in any amount you wish to donate. Even 5 dollars will help his cause. Put your address, credit card information and your e-mail address and a receipt to be sent to you. That's it all there is to it.

As to this posting Raul has $1445.00 donations contributed. Also 20 percent of the funds raised will be going to the Appalachian Trail Conference.

Raul hope you make your $2000.00. Hike strong and be keep safe for this worthy cause.
    I hike with SCISSORS cause it makes me feel dangerous ... LoL

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Sorry to hear of his passing. His fight is now over and he can be at peace. I don't have anything to donate at this time, but our thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    Thanks HWS and NC Patrick.

I hope this doesnt sound rude because it is not meant to be, but I dont want the death of my loved one to be the deciding factor to donate to my event. My event was placed 3 months ago, continuously updated and was mentioned in a few videos I have done as well. It has been well advertised so I am ok with the funds raised thus far.

I'll take prayers going forward with regards to this event. I just needed a place to express some thoughts on the passing of my would be father-in-law.

Sincerely,

Raul

Youtube Channel:

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    That was a terrific tribute Raul.
    Peace to him on his hike to the other side of life.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234