I sat down last night iwth a piece of cruddy old fabric & my wifes old sewing machine, just to see how I did. I got it threaded, ok, & I guess I did ok with the sewing... I think some of my bigger issues will be overcome just by practice, but I have a couple of questions.

1) When you have a length of fabric that isextremely ragged, how do you even it up? Trimming it up is pretty easy when its a relatively short length, but how do YOU do it with a 10 or 12 foot chunk? Do you stretch it out on the floor, & draw a line, then cut the line? I know this might seem like a stupid question, but just wanted to hear from the pro's.

2) When you FIRST STARTED... did you fold your rolled hem over once, pin, then go back & roll the 2nd time & repin it? Or did you just roll it over twice & pin it? Seems like the latter could result in a crappy roll, which means a crappy hem.

3) When you first started, what did you do when you sewed the corners of the hem.

4) What size needle would you recommend for the 1.9?

5) Where do you send your children so they cant hear the cussing?

6) An inch seems rather large for the hem... Do you all go smaller, or is less than an inch just too hard to work with? (minds out of the gutters)

I am sure I will think of more. Thanks again for the help!

Trav