Am interested but just don't have the bucks for the travel right now .
Woo, long time since I've been here...
Just read about this hang out on hiking-site.nl and I'm interested as well. I work in Kosovo now but I will be on leave during the hang out so I might be there...
Just put me down as interested and I will get back when I know more details about my leave.
- Nice to see more Dutch here!
and just to make sure it is read, we have a date set, it's 16/17 of april. it's in post nr 21 of this thread
just to make sure everyone is clear on this I'm posting this.
Wild camping in the belgian forests is not allowed. If you are caught doing this, it is possible that the 'boswachter' gives you a ticket/fine.
Open fires are not allowed.
Littering is not allowed.
I don't know the exact amount of the fine and it has never happened to me in all the years camping in the ardennes, but still, it is a possibility. So if you don't want to run the risk of a fine, the alternatives are to go to a campsite or to ask/pay a farmer to stay on his land (we can also try to do this, I'm open to the suggestion)
Since we are with a group, our presence will be more obvious than when you are with a smaller group.
So, we need to have some basic rules, which will be obvious for most probably
- you are responsible for what you do, neither I, nor the group will take any responsibility for your behaviour. Please take into consideration the dynamics of the group and the individuals in that group.
- I have EFR and IFA first aid certificates (basic EHBO), and I know there are at least 3 people in the group that carry a good first aid kit. As far as I know, there are no medical specialist, so take care to not hurt yourself that bad
- no open fires. We will not make campfires.
- you can use your stove, we need to eat right. However, use it wisely, it's still a fire
- please keep the campsites clean. Take out what you bring in, leave no trace!
- inform people around you where you are, leave an itinerary
- be sure you have stuff on you to keep you in good shape: water (3 ltrs / day minimum, I'll bring a waterfilter), food (lunch, dinner and breakfast), snacks (everything in between), shelter (tarp, hammock), tools and warmth (clothes and good sleeping material).
I hope this makes sense for everyone, it is as it is. I'd rather make a nice cosy fire etc and am not too much concerned about the wildcamping rules myself (since I consider myself fairly responsible and fairly knowledgeable) but the above will serve well as a foundation for a good trip.
thanks for listening
this weekend is the dutch/belgian hangout.
It will start saturday at 12.00 in engreux.
all info is in post nr 21 of this thread and post nr 36.
For those wishing to stay on sunday: there are some people including myself that will stay also on sunday and camp out till monday.
I'll PM those that have said they are coming to give them my telephone number and a backup telephone number of a friend that is also coming.
In that way, we'll be able to coordinate everything at engreux.
If there's anything you want to know, please let me know
I'm looking forward to meeting you all and having a good time!
Ah Darn. Reading it now. Much to late.
Also have work issues.
Have a good trip guys.
En veel plezier! Misschien doe ik mee met het 2de hang weekend.
I really enjoyed the first hangout, so I am all ears for a 2nd hangout! Zyhano, thanks for organizing the first one!
Let the journey become the destination!
Hi Benelux hangers, is there a trip report and pics available?