DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by a753951 View Post
    Since I wasn't around to watch the first tarps get hung over hammocks I wasn't aware that Asym-Diamond ment Asymmetrical diamond. I took a crash course on hammocks, so I've had to get all the data that I could in the last couple of weeks and try to hash out what rig and tarp that would fit my needs (this was a b-day present and the clock was ticking). This consisted of a wealth of videos and finally ending up here reading up on hammocks, suspensions, and tarps (probably data overload). The WBBB caught my eye at every turn, and Brandon was great to answer my questions. I thought the tarp issue was a no brainer... ooppss.. I'll wait till this weekend when its light and I can give it a truly fair test (rigging it up over the hammock and checking the coverage in daylight). If it doesn't work for me, then I'll probably take you up on returning it Brandon. Sorry for being a newbie to all of this, but we can't learn if we don't try.
    Please let us know how it went for you
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post

If it's only coverage that is driving your decision, I'd have to tip to the WB Diamond. I haven't endured any storms, or even rain, with either tarp, but the WB seems to provide more coverage just eyeballin it. It really shouldn't be compared to the HH diaper because it is longer and the points seem to offer a much bigger footprint. I keep meaning to lay out the WB Diamond and put one of my HH tarps over top of it to actually see the difference; just haven't done it yet. There is actually a lot of coverage out of that Diamond tarp, surprisingly so.

Coverage - WB Diamond
    Tight pitch w/out ridgeline - MacCat Micro
    At the WB site, the specs for the "diamond" are 132 x 117. Is that the semi-rectangular measurement? Meaning the RL from point to point would be significantly longer? Reason I'm asking that is because my HH "napkin" ( thought the longer napkin for the Explorer) measures about 148".

Quote Originally Posted by a753951 View Post
    Since I wasn't around to watch the first tarps get hung over hammocks I wasn't aware that Asym-Diamond ment Asymmetrical diamond. I took a crash course on hammocks, so I've had to get all the data that I could in the last couple of weeks and try to hash out what rig and tarp that would fit my needs (this was a b-day present and the clock was ticking). This consisted of a wealth of videos and finally ending up here reading up on hammocks, suspensions, and tarps (probably data overload). The WBBB caught my eye at every turn, and Brandon was great to answer my questions. I thought the tarp issue was a no brainer... ooppss.. I'll wait till this weekend when its light and I can give it a truly fair test (rigging it up over the hammock and checking the coverage in daylight). If it doesn't work for me, then I'll probably take you up on returning it Brandon. Sorry for being a newbie to all of this, but we can't learn if we don't try.
    No worries, a75! Most of us have had to go through the learning curve! Join the crowd! The advantage to the so called "diamond" is only 2 stakes, and maybe weight. The advantage for coverage usually goes with the rectangular tarps or hex hung in some version of "A" frame.

Images
    dims of the diamond fly are similar to the other tarp measurements

132" is along the redgeline, 100" is the width (so from the ridgeline down to the ground corner is 50")

it's going to be closer to the hyperlight size than to the explorer

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123