DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    I made my own hex tarp a bit smaller than the micro and it covers my Blackbird. However, it does have to be pitched only a few inches above the nettng.

It's the tarp I take on trips when I DON'T expect rain, but might get some anyway.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    I made my own hex tarp a bit smaller than the micro and it covers my Blackbird. However, it does have to be pitched only a few inches above the nettng.

It's the tarp I take on trips when I DON'T expect rain, but might get some anyway.
    yeah thats what i want a small tarp for.... if i know thweather is going to be bad i can always take my big tarp...

i just want something for the nice weather in case of a quick rain storm
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    BIAS 11 ft; Grand Trunk Nano 7
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    Down bag/cc pad
    Suspension
    whoopies

does neil Pert hammock camp?

I can pitch that thing tight enough that Neil Pert would enjoy camping with me. Neil, if you're reading this PLEEEEEEASE come camp with me.

What does Neil Pert, the world's greatest drummer, other than Charlie Watts, have to do with hammock tarps?

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition ASM
    Tarp
    Expedition ASM
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Thats a good looking hammock in the first picture
    Just another Ham in a Hammock....

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    i know someone out there has to have pics

Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.1
    Tarp
    Asym-Diamond
    Insulation
    NeoAir
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    I'm fairly new to hammock land, and just got my WBBB 1.1 dbl and the Asym-Diamond in tonight. I was very impressed with the WBBB, but absolutely hate the diamond already. Its dark out side making the setup harder (especially for my first time out), but the fabric not a diamond shape, but more of a jacked up rectangle (staggered for diagonal sleeping maybe?). I've emailed WB about this already, but mine sure looks nothing like the pics i've seen on their web site, and on the forums here. I'll be returning mine for a refund if this is some new design. Did I get a lemon?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Look at the description - it's right there in the name. Asymmetrical diamond - that basically means it's a parallelogram, which is what you got.

Images
    you have the same tarp as in the picture

did you actually set it up or are you just looking at it on the ground? (is a square or rectangle turned on point not also a diamond?) if you look at the way it's setup in the pictures (both on this thread and on my site), i think "diamond" is a fair description.

it is somewhat rectangular, but when turned on point, so 2 corners face the trees and 2 face the ground, it should be exactly like you see in the pics. there are 2 different ways to set it up as well. the two diagonals are not the same length, so depending on how you set it up, you could set it so it's slightly longer or slightly wider. (so it could appear setup correctly, but you might get better side coverage if you turn it 90 deg for instance).

it's a minimal tarp, and may not big enough for some. it's not going to provide full side coverage from wind. in order to cover all the way from the ridgeline of your hammock down past your butt, you'll need a min of a 9 foot wide hex or rectangle tarp, but there are alot of people who are fine with the coverage it gives and the weight they save by using it.

you can return it if you want, just let me know

Brandon

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by a753951 View Post
    I'm fairly new to hammock land, and just got my WBBB 1.1 dbl and the Asym-Diamond in tonight. I was very impressed with the WBBB, but absolutely hate the diamond already. Its dark out side making the setup harder (especially for my first time out), but the fabric not a diamond shape, but more of a jacked up rectangle (staggered for diagonal sleeping maybe?). I've emailed WB about this already, but mine sure looks nothing like the pics i've seen on their web site, and on the forums here. I'll be returning mine for a refund if this is some new design. Did I get a lemon?
    it probly didn't help that it was dark outside too

i would try setting it up in the day light and you will see how it works better
    Last edited by G.L.P.; 02-10-2011 at 19:05.

Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.1
    Tarp
    Asym-Diamond
    Insulation
    NeoAir
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Since I wasn't around to watch the first tarps get hung over hammocks I wasn't aware that Asym-Diamond ment Asymmetrical diamond. I took a crash course on hammocks, so I've had to get all the data that I could in the last couple of weeks and try to hash out what rig and tarp that would fit my needs (this was a b-day present and the clock was ticking). This consisted of a wealth of videos and finally ending up here reading up on hammocks, suspensions, and tarps (probably data overload). The WBBB caught my eye at every turn, and Brandon was great to answer my questions. I thought the tarp issue was a no brainer... ooppss.. I'll wait till this weekend when its light and I can give it a truly fair test (rigging it up over the hammock and checking the coverage in daylight). If it doesn't work for me, then I'll probably take you up on returning it Brandon. Sorry for being a newbie to all of this, but we can't learn if we don't try.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast