Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images

Wayne National Forest OH March 18,19, & 20th

I'm goin! Feel free to come on out! Gonna hit the Symmes Creek/ Morgan Sisters trail. http://backpackohio.com/symmesmorgan.html I plan on hittin the trail about noonish friday.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    I'd like to hit that one. Would also love to hit a Feb date too somewhere. Any takers?

I'm down.. I've been tryin' to hit Symmes creek for a couple months now since someone posted about it on here. Count me in.

TT I think I'm free the weekend BEFORE V-day, think the GF is goin' out of town with family.. I'll confirm,but I'd love to get out this month as well.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    I'm down for somethin in Feb too tender! I will be on a business trip next week but clear after that.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

hmm, is there anything good down by Ceasars Creek to hang? I'm not real familiar with SW ohio myself. Heard Wildcat Hollow is good, someone from Ohio was tellin'me about it, maybe Papi

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    I did the caeser creek loop last fall. They have designated backpacking sites but they are for tents( just a 40ft or so clearing) You have to give them a heads up when you park at the visitor's center. I'd like to do that loop again but I think one could get away with stealthin in other spots. Plus one of the designated spots is right behind the fifty springs picnic area and thats not a good spot to hang out.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    Figured I'd start a new thread for the February hang. New February hang thread.

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer ASYM Zip
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly
    Insulation
    Don't know yet
    Suspension
    Tree Straps

Caesar Creek

Quote Originally Posted by HamMike View Post
    I did the caeser creek loop last fall. They have designated backpacking sites but they are for tents( just a 40ft or so clearing) You have to give them a heads up when you park at the visitor's center. ...
    HamMike - are you talking about the 13mile south backpacking loop that starts at the visitors center? I've hiked that a number of times and wasn't aware of the tent sites. Do you have a map indicating their locations? I know there are trails in the north but I thought most of that area was for horse backriding.
    When the tempest rages, when the thunders roar, and the lightnings blaze around us it is then that the truly brave man...
    wonders why he didn't check the weather report like his wife told him to.

http://www.catholictorch.com

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    HamMike - are you talking about the 13mile south backpacking loop that starts at the visitors center? I've hiked that a number of times and wasn't aware of the tent sites. Do you have a map indicating their locations? I know there are trails in the north but I thought most of that area was for horse backriding.
    Yeah thats the one, If you call the visitors center they will give you the GPS coordinates for the designated spots. They are not much, just a cleared out spot for tents. Plenty of places to stealth.

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer ASYM Zip
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly
    Insulation
    Don't know yet
    Suspension
    Tree Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by HamMike View Post
    Yeah thats the one, If you call the visitors center they will give you the GPS coordinates for the designated spots. They are not much, just a cleared out spot for tents. Plenty of places to stealth.
    Great...thanks for the info. I'll give them a call. This park is very close and the 13 miles is a great length for an overnight.
    When the tempest rages, when the thunders roar, and the lightnings blaze around us it is then that the truly brave man...
    wonders why he didn't check the weather report like his wife told him to.

http://www.catholictorch.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast