Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Extremely bummed I had to miss this, and the pictures just make it worse

Glad everyone had a great time though...

Hammock
    WBBB; WBRR; WBXLC;HH Exped
    Tarp
    Superfly; JRB Ulti
    Insulation
    HG TQ&UQ; AHE; WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukon View Post

====> Hi! Not to worry! Now that NEHHA is off and running, you will have a lot more opportunities to hang with a group of us!
    Live Purposefully; Dare Greatly; Land Gently

If you're going to do something wrong, go for it! - Beryl G.

"Never knock on Death's door - just ring the bell and run. He hates that!"

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    WL down uq
    Suspension
    adjustable webbing

Agreed and I'll be looking out for when the next hang comes up
    Backpacking: An extended form of hiking in which people carry double the amount of gear they need for half the distance they planned to go in twice the time it should take. ~Author Unknown
    Big Joe

Hammock
    Warbonnet 1.7DL
    Tarp
    W.B. BMJ
    Chaaaz is looking in to some locations out in East Mass and I have a few locations out this way as well.

The date for the fall hang will be for sometime between September 16th and November 14th.

After that date we need to look at a NEHHA Winter Hang back up here in the Hills where there is snow LOL.

Maybe we can jump around the state and hit up all the parks that we can 3 times a year and if they dont have group sites we will all just have to get our own sites.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Is Mass the only state you want to have these gatherings in? I can think of some places in Vermont.

Plus, my grandparents own a campground on the Battenkill river in Cambridge, NY that's right near the border of VT. They have a section called "the island" that would be a primo spot for a hang. I'm gonna go check it out this weekend to see how many hammocks could fit down there

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Chinook 9.6x9.6
    Insulation
    AH New River UQ
    Suspension
    Came with the BB
    Images
    Is Mass the only state you want to have these gatherings in? I can think of some places in Vermont.

Plus, my grandparents own a campground on the Battenkill river in Cambridge, NY that's right near the border of VT. They have a section called "the island" that would be a primo spot for a hang. I'm gonna go check it out this weekend to see how many hammocks could fit down there
    I'm game, only because I live about 30 min away from you. This might be a good hey come on out and hang...hang. Or a New York hang with open invitation. Planing a hang on a small scale would be nice for people who can't make a particular hang like the one this past weekend. All we have done in the past is bring our own food. Just hanging with new friends is great and doesn’t have to be any special occasion.

I wouldn't mind going out there this weekend to see what is up there, can I invite myself up?
    I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. - E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

Hammock
    HH Expedition zip, WBBB 1.7
    Tarp
    stock, diy tarp
    Suspension
    stock
    Images

we tube down the Battenkill every summer, great area! I'm up for that as I'm just west of you.

@Veto 65: I'm down for a local hang.

I didn't get to go to this one as Hubby got sick.
    formally known as "carolb"
    Spread the love baby, Spread the Love!
    Get the Ketchup!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Veto 65 View Post
    I'm game, only because I live about 30 min away from you. This might be a good hey come on out and hang...hang. Or a New York hang with open invitation. Planing a hang on a small scale would be nice for people who can't make a particular hang like the one this past weekend. All we have done in the past is bring our own food. Just hanging with new friends is great and doesn’t have to be any special occasion.

I wouldn't mind going out there this weekend to see what is up there, can I invite myself up?
    I'd say yes but I can't give a definite time on when I would stop up there. I literally live less than 5 minutes down the road from my grandparents place so when I have a free moment I stop over to visit. I remember my grandmother telling me a couple weekends ago that The manager (who is a close friend of mine from school) did a lot of expansion to "the island" this spring to open up more camping. The reason I thought of this area is because it is isolated from the rest of the campground and it's in the woods. It has always been my favorite spot to camp. Now that I hammock camp I started thinking about the island again and I want to go take a quick peek at it to see how many spots could work. I'll take some pictures and post them after I go. If I was going to spend a bunch of time checking stuff out I'd say no problem Veto, but like I said it will be when I get a free moment from house chores, and probably after I run to the transfer station or something like that.

The campgrounds website is www.brsac.com

I spoke with my grandparents about hammocks and they thought it was a great new way to camp. I actually could see the look in my grandfathers eyes wondering if he could rent such a thing out lol. They also have a canoe/kayak/tube service there. I basically grew up on the Battenkill river

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Chinook 9.6x9.6
    Insulation
    AH New River UQ
    Suspension
    Came with the BB
    Images
    I'd say yes but I can't give a definite time on when I would stop up there. I literally live less than 5 minutes down the road from my grandparents place so when I have a free moment I stop over to visit. I remember my grandmother telling me a couple weekends ago that The manager (who is a close friend of mine from school) did a lot of expansion to "the island" this spring to open up more camping. The reason I thought of this area is because it is isolated from the rest of the campground and it's in the woods. It has always been my favorite spot to camp. Now that I hammock camp I started thinking about the island again and I want to go take a quick peek at it to see how many spots could work. I'll take some pictures and post them after I go. If I was going to spend a bunch of time checking stuff out I'd say no problem Veto, but like I said it will be when I get a free moment from house chores, and probably after I run to the transfer station or something like that.

The campgrounds website is www.brsac.com

I spoke with my grandparents about hammocks and they thought it was a great new way to camp. I actually could see the look in my grandfathers eyes wondering if he could rent such a thing out lol. They also have a canoe/kayak/tube service there. I basically grew up on the Battenkill river
    I'll keep an eye on the trip reports to see how you made out.
    I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. - E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

• + New Posts
  • Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930