Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thexuprising View Post
    Those tarps look great! I can't wait to get mine. Almost got enough put back. I love that design lazy river. I was originally thinking of going with the 8.8 x 11, but have been kind of worried and confused about tie out points. I'd like to be able to close doors if need be and flip doors in as if it were a hex. I'm worried the with a rectangle the doors either won't close all the way, or if they did have the ample space needed with tie outs it would make the hex option very small. I wish I could explain this better. Sgt rock seems to have it down with his rectangle but its 9' x 7'. So I've been kicking around the idea of the bwdd winter dream style. I love how yours has diagnal angles to it, I didn't think the winter dream had that.

Sorry for rambling on, I just can't get the tie out points right in my head for effective doors and effective hex.
    Yeah I'm not sure about the day dream I only have the winter dream and absolutely love the design. It all depends on how big or small of a tarp you want, what type of coverage are you looking for and in what season. And most importantly what are you comfortable. with. I don't like small tarps am not comfortable using them so I choose to use big ones. And rambling about hammock and all related.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    Traveler 1.1 sl/WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Dynaglide whoopies
    Images
    I apologize. I meant to say winter dream. This is going to be my first "proper" tarp so I'd like it to be as versarile as possible. I think that's a huge benefit of cuben, for around only an ounce penalty I can have doors. we can have big versitile tarps that are very low weight. I currenrtly only have hennessy stock tarps and they just don't cut it for me. Since they are expensive I probably won't buy another tarp for awhile.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.0dbl
    Tarp
    Zpack Cuben w/door
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    The Force
    My Cuben from Joe at Zpack ships out on 2/15. I went with a design very similar to KK. My doors are permanently attached and I plan to be able to pull them back and clip them to the side tie outs. I will let you know how it works after using it as my home for 5 months
    Bat
    Beginning my NOBO trip on the AT on 2/28/12.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow, Darian
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I went ahead and ordered one today. I got one like your's LLR. Now comes the wait. Joe said it would be about 6 weeks.

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    I've put some money into gear this last year - more than I probably should have! I like the cuben but the price still puts me off somewhat. At least right now!
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 Dbl
    Tarp
    MLD Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I have the MLD cuben hex tarp, and like it alot.

Be aware, though, that cuben is very translucent, and full moon nights under a cuben tarp are very bright!!!

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by whayneneal View Post
    I went ahead and ordered one today. I got one like your's LLR. Now comes the wait. Joe said it would be about 6 weeks.
    Your gonna love the design. Scott did a great job with the BWWD. The design IMHO is flawless. I like the shorter sides on the cuben for 3 season and the BWWD for winter. having that 2.5 xtra feet on the sides is really nice in the winter IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by grampa View Post
    I have the MLD cuben hex tarp, and like it alot.

Be aware, though, that cuben is very translucent, and full moon nights under a cuben tarp are very bright!!!
    And this was one reason why the cuben appealed to me. I have a black BWWD with no light shine through and I like the idea of being able to see the moon and star gaze under my tarp. At least I hope I can see the stars through cuben on a clear night. See the lightning watch the snow : aahh man I cant wait to get out next week.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123