Hennessey deep jungle xl
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex fly
    Insulation
    UQ,SS,BP.
    Suspension
    Straps and rings

Same old Question

This has been ask a million times I am sure, but I will ask it again. If I wanted to use my stock rope on my HH deep Jungle XL, what would be the best way to hang it with out tying a knot each time? I don't want to do the whoopie slings yet so is there a way to do it? P.S. tried figure 9's and they degrade my rope to quick.
    Last edited by refund; 02-03-2011 at 22:27.

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by refund View Post
    This has been ask a million times I am sure, but I will ask it again. If I wanted to use my stock rope on my HH deep Jungle XL, what would be the best way to hang it with out tying a not each time? I don't want to do the whoopie slings yet so is there a way to do it? P.S. tried figure 9's and they degrade my rope to quick.
    You could try the garda hitch suspension method with a couple of descending rings connected to the tree huggers in some fashion (carabiner, girth hitch, etc).

In reality using a rope suspension with out using knots in order to adjust the length of the suspension as needed becomes a tough proposition.

Cheers

Brian

Images
    Well, if you don't want to use the HH lashing, you could try:
    http://www.hitchcraft.net/index.html...FRlmWAod7xHQHw But be careful and don't pull too tight, easy to do.

Also, these worked great for me for the few times I used them( I used the lighter weight nylon version)
    http://www.cabelas.com/boating-hardw...-cleat-1.shtml

Hammock
    HH, CJH NX-250, WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Std, Hex, or WBSF
    Insulation
    Burrows&Incubators
    Suspension
    Poly web w/AHE buc

Glad to hear that you abandoned the Figure 9s

for suspension. I hope the rope sheath did not become too frayed, because if you try the Gaarda hitch and the frayed sections are within the area around the descending rings you might experience rupture to the sheath.

My advice, in no particular order is:

*convert to whoopies,
    *convert to cinch buckles and web straps, or
    *grumble under your breath and keep tieing the HH hitch.

Jim
    Personal history: HH Hitch>>>>whoopies>>>>>>cinch buckles & straps

Hammock
    not quite eno..
    Tarp
    10x12 DIY
    Insulation
    insultex+momentum
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    if there is some way to connect your hammock to one of the amsteel loops from AHE- doesn't have to be a whoopie- or perhaps a nano carabiner? ;you could get by with just a marlinspike hitch on your tree huggers (ala Shug) or! sew places into the strap itself, either loops or doubled back on itself then tacked down at intervals. put in toggle and drop the loop over it..or just clip biner to webbing all done!
    just a few morning thoughts, HTH, KM (who is watching the snow fall- with some amazement)
    Last edited by KerMegan; 02-04-2011 at 10:43. Reason: finished complete explanation

• + New Posts