hennessy deep jungle xl
    Tarp
    hennessy hex tarp
    Insulation
    roll matt
    Suspension
    karabiner
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Yes, that is the chart I remember from times past, but could not find the link recently for some reason. Thanks!
    ive never ever found a link to it on their site, just type in hennessy hammock comparison chart on google....

hope it helps anyway!

Hammock
    hennessy deep jungle xl
    Tarp
    hennessy hex tarp
    Insulation
    roll matt
    Suspension
    karabiner

well......

not sure so far.... i def need to put a second ridge line in as per the original asym... the sag in the middle drove me nuts just now....

it is bigger yeah.... but better? not too sure.... i actually dont like having four points to tie off..... hahaha. in this particular instance the road is underlined with rock so i found it very difficult to peg the two lines in that were too far from a tree..... with the normal asym tarp it would have been fine....

THAT SAID.... this is the first time ive EVER set the thing up so i am being ridiculously negative off the cuff.....

much more experimentation is needed and if everyone else on this forum can use a tarp of this size then **** it so can i!!! hahah.

someone once asked me what i meant about two snake skins, i hope these photos make it obvious!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Images
    Are you still tying even that big tarp to the hammock? I have just always tyed the bigger tarps to the trees. Because I then still have plenty of coverage after the hammock sags on entry. I also always have plenty of head room, with still enough side coverage, without having to tie to the hammock suspension. Of course I realize you may want to attach to the prussicks for convenience and to have less tarp line to keep up with. But if the tarp sag in the middle is driving you crazy, you should be able to get both abundant head room and a really tight pitch and adequate coverage by tying to the trees.

Bet you like it a little better with some time. That said, there are advantages to the smaller tarp and just 2 points to deal with on the side.

Hammock
    hennessy deep jungle xl
    Tarp
    hennessy hex tarp
    Insulation
    roll matt
    Suspension
    karabiner
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Are you still tying even that big tarp to the hammock? I have just always tyed the bigger tarps to the trees. Because I then still have plenty of coverage after the hammock sags on entry. I also always have plenty of head room, with still enough side coverage, without having to tie to the hammock suspension. Of course I realize you may want to attach to the prussicks for convenience and to have less tarp line to keep up with. But if the tarp sag in the middle is driving you crazy, you should be able to get both abundant head room and a really tight pitch and adequate coverage by tying to the trees.

Bet you like it a little better with some time. That said, there are advantages to the smaller tarp and just 2 points to deal with on the side.
    going to do a parachord ridgeline tomorrow and see what happens....

Hammock
    HH Explorer Ultralight Zip
    Tarp
    HH Hex Silnylon
    Insulation
    Ridge Rest SoLite
    Suspension
    HH Tree Huggers
    I just got this tarp with an HH Explorer Ultralight.
    Are folks saying that it will ALL (hammock and tarp) fit into one set of snakeskins?
    I grabbed an extra set of snakeskins, my thinking being that it would be easier to keep separate a wet tarp on those rainy, foggy, misty occasions.
    Total newbie speculation though. $20 mistake or sound logic?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyon View Post
    Are folks saying that it will ALL (hammock and tarp) fit into one set of snakeskins?
    I grabbed an extra set of snakeskins, my thinking being that it would be easier to keep separate a wet tarp on those rainy, foggy, misty occasions.
    Lot's of folks keep the tarp in separate skins, not wanting to chance getting the hammock wet while trying to get the tarp set up or torn down in blowing rain. But some put both hammock and tarp (stock tarp any way) into skins together. I think the 30D Hex will fit into large HH skins with the hammock no problem. TN is doing that.

Hammock
    hennessy deep jungle xl
    Tarp
    hennessy hex tarp
    Insulation
    roll matt
    Suspension
    karabiner
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyon View Post
    i go the extra bit of putting the hammock in a set of snake skins, then rolling the tarp up whilst still attached and sliding another set of skins over the tarp and first skins.

can kinda see what i mean in the photos.

so if you were to cut it all in half, the cross section would look like this, hammock, skins, tarp, skins.

make sense?

that means you have a lot more space underneath to do other things until you are ready to sleep..... and it keeps everything dry no matter what.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Ultralight Zip
    Tarp
    HH Hex Silnylon
    Insulation
    Ridge Rest SoLite
    Suspension
    HH Tree Huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by trekkingnut View Post
    i go the extra bit of putting the hammock in a set of snake skins, then rolling the tarp up whilst still attached and sliding another set of skins over the tarp and first skins.

can kinda see what i mean in the photos.

so if you were to cut it all in half, the cross section would look like this, hammock, skins, tarp, skins.

make sense?

that means you have a lot more space underneath to do other things until you are ready to sleep..... and it keeps everything dry no matter what.
    Makes sense. Sounds too like I can put the second set of skins to use no matter which way I go. I knew I knew what I was doing...

Hammock
    hennessy deep jungle xl
    Tarp
    hennessy hex tarp
    Insulation
    roll matt
    Suspension
    karabiner
    def worth it mate!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12