WBBB 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator & burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings

Another Blackbird takes flight

Recently I ordered a WBBB 1.0DL and a Superfly. The hammock ended up being one of the imported ones and the superfly was made in some place called America. Never had anything made from there before so i was hoping the quality would be ok . They arrived this week and they were quickly out of the box. It has been said before that the quality of the Warbonnet gear is top notch and I'd have to agree. I couldn't see any difference in quality between the two items so the place of manufacture certainly doesn't come into the quality argument. Focusing on the hammock I was very impressed that there wasn't a loose thread in sight. My DD Frontline had quite a few of these, nothing that affects performance but just an attention to detail issue.

I've removed the stock line suspension and transferred across some homemade whoopies. Last night I finally had a chance to try it out. My daughter joined me in the back yard in her homemade hammock trying out her new REI sleeping bag. I didn't bother with the tarp as there wasn't any chance of rain.

I had a very comfortable nights sleep. I really liked the footbox on the hammock and also the way the mozzie net was set up. I was very thankful for this as I had a squadron of the little fellas (or are the bloodsuckers the sheilas?) trying to get at me. I was also trying out a new TQ & UQ but it wasn't really a good test for them as the min temp was only about 18 (in proper degrees ). The pocket came in handy for stuffing the TQ for the first part of the night when it was just too warm to use it.

All in all I'm very impressed with both products. I'm looking forward to using them on a proper hang soon.

Hammock
    Lite Owl, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Nice lookin' rig there.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1SL/UKHamm
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4S/CamoSF
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WhoopieDutchness
    Very nice mate

Any chance of seeing the two in the stuff sacks side-by-side ?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator & burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Shewie View Post
    Any chance of seeing the two in the stuff sacks side-by-side ?
    Shewie I assume you mean the stuff sacks with the two hammocks. Here you go. The DD is packed in a snake skin but without webbing/line, the WBBB is packed with all its webbing & whoopies.

The DDFL weighs in at ~980g whilst the WBBB weighs in at ~680g (with my rigging setup not the stock).

The DD has been a great hammock but had heard so many good things about the BB I thought I'd give it a go (and it leaves the DD for my better half ). I much prefer the mozzie net setup on the BB. I use a piece of fibreglass rod to hold out the net thru the loops on the DD but I found if I had the tarp too low or too narrow it used to rub. Also with the mozzie net pre-set as it were on the BB it'll just be once less piece of faffing I have to worry about. The double zips on the DD are nice as it allows you to adjust the UQ etc without having to get out. It's all swings and roundabouts I'd say.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Only female skeeters bite.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

• + New Posts