A while ago I ordered a summer crowsnest and burrow. It has been a bit of a wait but I'd been reassured that the wait was certainly worth it.

Well this week they finally arrived to one very excited person. It was very well timed. I'd received my new WBBB the day before and my daughter had just got a new sleeping bag so a test hang was certainly on the cards for the weekend.

My first impression of both quilts was very favorable. Great craftsmanship and attention to detail. For instance my daughters new sleeping bag, which I was happy with had quite a few loose threads, no big deal, the Hammockgear quilts however didn't have a loose thread in sight - a small thing maybe, but to me a sign of good attention to detail.

Last night I had the test hang in the backyard. The weather however, all I can say is lousy, for testing quilts that is. I think the temp only got down to a min of about 18 (real degrees that is ). In just my Solomon Grundies I had to leave the TQ off for most of the night as it was just too hot with it on - a good sign I hope. I had the Crowsnest on and there certainly wasn't any sign of CBS. Still not a great night to test the performance of these two great products. I can't wait 'til it cools down to give them a real test.

Oh and yes the wait really was worth it