Hammock
    HH exped no net
    Tarp
    kelty noah 12
    Insulation
    DIY underquilt

layering 2 hammocks

I've used a HH exped without net w/an ENO bug guardian in the past. my question is this. Can i layer 2 hammocks together. i have a skeeter beeter that i could put inside of the HH. with the HH ridge line under the skeeter net( i would need to probably cut the ridgeline and the repair it with some spectra or similar cord) then i have a side entry and no bug net dragging on the ground. i figure it may also have the added benefit of allowing me to put a pad between the 2 layers that would no slide around as much. Any ideas suggestions?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpacker View Post
    I've used a HH exped without net w/an ENO bug guardian in the past. my question is this. Can i layer 2 hammocks together. i have a skeeter beeter that i could put inside of the HH. with the HH ridge line under the skeeter net( i would need to probably cut the ridgeline and the repair it with some spectra or similar cord) then i have a side entry and no bug net dragging on the ground. i figure it may also have the added benefit of allowing me to put a pad between the 2 layers that would no slide around as much. Any ideas suggestions?
    You can probably do it, but it might require quite a bit of experimentation to determine the correct distance between the hammocks. You could put a pad inthere or maybe even some insulation like and extra sleeping bag. In a kind of/sort of way, a HHSS undercover is sort or a hammock for the HH hammock. Kind of.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    StormcrowIncubator
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    You could make a loop on the lines of the bottom hammock and hang that off of the suspension of the top hammock, clipping the sides of the hammocks together. It could also serve as storage space/insulation if there was enough space. I am interested to see what you do with this, hopefully you can post some pics when you get a working setup.

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Someone at Mt Rogers had two hammocks nested with insulation between. I think it is a great idea!
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    Lite Owl, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Interesting idea. Not sure the added complexity of setup not to mention extra weight penalty in a backpacking setting would be worth the trouble but none the less a neat idea.

Hammock
    Bear Mountain Bridge
    Tarp
    No HouseFly
    Insulation
    Down uq & tq
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    I would think that there are better ways to accomplish adding insulation or a bug net to a hammock, but if your goal is to make the best of what you already have on hand, you may have a good idea. It'll probably take some fiddling around with the suspension system, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out!
    Don't alter my altar
    don't desecrate my shrine
    My church is the water
    and my home is underneath the shady pines

From the song "One Man's Shame" by William Elliot Whitmore

Images
    I am continually amazed at the ingenuity and inventiveness I see on this forum. As many possibilities as there are trees I reckon!

• + New Posts