Tarp
    11 footer
    Insulation
    goose down
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images

that ridge line

Am I missing something or looking at it wrong, but it looks like that hammock is hanging off a seperate ridge line?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawldaddy View Post
    Am I missing something or looking at it wrong, but it looks like that hammock is hanging off a seperate ridge line?
    Well, there is an added structural ridge line between the end knots of the Speer hammock. The regular Speer Polypro is attached to the supports, and the hammock hangs from that. Then there is a spider line RL supplying the sag. So it's just the typical set up: hammock hanging from webbing tied to supports, with RL setting the sag.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Torso UQ
    Images
    I'm afraid I don't really have anything practical to add to this thread, but I just have to say...there's something really freaking cool about the way that silhouette of you in the hammock looks in that first photo. It's like the HF logo come to life

Images
    It is the best silhouette shot I've ever taken. I was surprised at how it came out. But I'm not actually in it, cause my self timer won't delay long enough for me to push the button and get in.

But let me say about this tarp: i've decided it is 1st rate! Of course it does weigh a relatively heavy 19 ozs, but for that you get a noticeably larger house than even my Mac Cat Deluxe. But we have had heavy gusting winds around here the las couple of days. It was quite the trick getting it set up yesterday, because of the broadside wind. But once I got the lines tightened down, it seems to me about as stable and quiet in the wind as my Mac Cat. I'm imagine that in reality there is an advantage to the Mac Cat, but it isn't to a degree that I can really notice it. All I know is that it has been quiet and stable for a couple of days whenever I have been under it, with the wind usually blowing pretty hard. I have not even had to re-tighten the guy lines. So it is a pretty good tarp over all, with plenty of coverage compared to most. But at the cost of a few ounces- 8 more than the stock diamond HH Explorer tarp and about 5 or 6 more than the Mac Cat. Might not always be worth it.

Of course, if weather was not expected to be horrendous, this might be a good tarp to do one of those two hammock/one tarp deals.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12