Well folks, i'm learning the hard way as to how to set-up this hammock and the do's and don'ts #1 don't tie the hammock to angle iron no a barn and then have it slip down with you in the hammock.. That will not only scare the crap out of you but it will cut into your main lines.. pissed off am I? Yes, but its my fault anyway after that I put hand towels under the ropes and had no problems..
So then I wanted to try out my tarp over the hammock. Do you guys/gals leave your tie down lines tied to your tarp at all times when you pack it up etc? if so do you use the knot shown on the underside of the tarp? Or do you use some sort of permanent knot that wont come untied on that end? Just to be completely honest I never even got the know shown on the underside of the tarp right.. lol.. I'm no boyscout, I hunt and camp often but just never learned how to tie knots unless it was a fishing knot. It was real windy and they made the experience more difficult for me. One more question for now what is the large black plastic peace on the head end of the tarp for? Is it supposed to run through the main line on your hammock? As you can tell i'm lost so far, but i plan to start reading this info over again online and watching some you-tube clips again so maybe i get it down better. Thanks for helping "I need it"... Casey