Spur of the moment kinda trip. Really bad weather in the southeast last Friday, but thankfully it cleared up late Saturday.

Didn't get to the trailhead until 1:00ish P.M. Much to the dismay of my soon to be exgirlfriend, I went by myself. That opened up a whole can of worms that I'll save you the pain from hearing. Let's just say I'm pretty burnt out with relationships all together.

Sorry, I'm venting.

So, I'm hiking along by myself and I see two guys and they ask me how close the lake is. I pull out my GPS and determine it's about an hour away. Cool.

I keep walking and they say they'll meet me at the lake. I get to a sweet waterfall at Laurel Creek and Lake Jocassee. I walk up the trail to scope out said waterfall and decide to doubleback to camp at a site they have right behind the apex of the falls.

By the time I pick out my two trees the two guys show up.

I started feeling, "Im gonna have to explain with viable reasons, why I decide to use a hammock as opposed to a tent. Here it comes, like it usually does."

Much to my surprise they pull out hammocks as well. So we set up camp, drink some moonshine, and do our best to stay warm.

Building a fire was pretty tough, but I brought my hatchet and bear saw so finding dry wood wasn't too much of an issue.

Didn't have my underquilt and I got very cold. Maybe two solid hours of sleep and the rest was spent trying in vain to sleep.

My 4 season phoenix is en route at the moment.

Too long, didn't read version;

Went camping, met two fellow hammockers, was cold, had fun.

Pictures below,

My rig

Their rigs

General Video Shenanigans, pardon French

Driving to trailhead

I'm not good at this.......