Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

help with a good .......

what is a goood hanging system for a newbee? willing to try any thing once and if i like it ill do it again.

Images
    Watch Shug's video for Noobs http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/v...ls&videoid=189

Really helped explain things for me and get me going with a light, simple hanging system.

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by native View Post
    what is a goood hanging system for a newbee? willing to try any thing once and if i like it ill do it again.
    Native

Do check out the Shug videos for a great explanation of all things hammocks. However, to get you started for a small investment, I would look at the Warbonnet Traveler with the webbing suspension. It is a simple gathered end hammock with a structural ridgeline and a very usable suspension. It lacks an integrated bugnet but a separate one is available. Beyond that now all you need is a tarp for rain and wind protection, some insulation and you are good to go.

Cheers

Brian

k that is one i have seen he is way im here. that is the way i thought i would go with. just so i can say whoopy sling. where do i get the stuff to make them. look like the eazy one to make and work with.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Try straps and buckles .....easy way to start. Stay with that or explore onward......
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Woodsman X single
    Tarp
    Cuben Z-packs
    Insulation
    Down TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Toggles
    Quote Originally Posted by native View Post
    k that is one i have seen he is way im here. that is the way i thought i would go with. just so i can say whoopy sling. where do i get the stuff to make them. look like the eazy one to make and work with.
    -A good 1" webbing/tape you will get from any outdoors store i would say two 9' lengths will do it say $5

-Amsteel or sailing braid(12 plait) 7/64 or 1/8 not sure on where you would get this in the US but i am sure if you put a "Want To Buy" up on here sombody will point you in the right direction! for 6' Whoopies you will need around about two 12' lengths, you will find plenty of videos on splicing on youtube.

-Toggles....Sticks, Ally tube, Old Fiber Arrow shaft, you can use anything. add a hole and a peice of cord to help pull em out and your done

info on the marling spike hitch is on Shugs Vids as is this style of set up!

Get out there and try it and if you dont get on with it try something different as there are so many other ways but one will suite your style...!

Mat
    Don't mess with Mother Nature as we are small and biodegradable!

http://ukhammocks.com

Mats YouTube Channel
    "Making it a great night in the woods!"

ya tell me my mind is on over load now i got to just pick one and go for it. but hope to get some pro con from thr pros.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    StormcrowIncubator
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Well, I'm by no means a pro or even an amateur, but the advantage of whoopie slings seems to be that they are very light. Webbing is cheap. Buckles are very easy but have a slight to moderate weight penalty depending on what you're using. Knots have a learning curve, but can be lighter than using buckles although it might not be worth the tradeoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Slanket View Post
    Well, I'm by no means a pro or even an amateur, but the advantage of whoopie slings seems to be that they are very light. Webbing is cheap. Buckles are very easy but have a slight to moderate weight penalty depending on what you're using. Knots have a learning curve, but can be lighter than using buckles although it might not be worth the tradeoff.
    that is my prob now not to sure what i want. i know and can tie a lot of knots boyscouts help with that. and hunting forever and camping longer the knot are not the prob.

Hammock
    Warbonnets!
    Tarp
    OES, WB
    Insulation
    Crowsnest, Leighs
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles
    I started with straps & buckles, went to whoopies, and am now back to straps. Just too easy. Clip goes the biner, tighten the strap, done. Whoopies take up ALOT less pack space, but I just prefer straps & buckles.
    It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast