Sheltowee & WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images

SOLD: Tarptent Rainbow for sale

Hello fellow hangers!

So I bought a Tarptent Rainbow last season thinking that I'd use it on a PCT section this year. Well, after a year in a hammock I can't imagine going back to lying on the ground so the Rainbow's gotta go to make way for more hanging gear.

So I have a Rainbow for sale, it's fully seam-sealed and water tested. It's been used exactly one night and it is in excellent condition. It can stand free using two hiking poles or stake it down.

Here's the manufacturer's info:
    http://www.tarptent.com/rainbow.html
    http://www.tarptent.com/productsheets/RAINBOW.pdf

It was $225 new for just the tent and stakes - I'm looking for $200 which includes tent, sack and original stakes, PLUS my carefully done seam sealing job, a lightweight Tyvek groundsheet, optional inner liner and Priority Mail to you anywhere in the USA. It's ready to hit the trails.

John
    Attached Images Attached Images

nice tent. Can't go wrong with a Shire tent.
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    OES deluxe
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Since I am relatively new here, I cannot imagine a tent having much action on a hammock forum. Hopefully, it will sell soon, or you have cross posted this on a BP'er board. I know lots of BP'ers like Henry's creations. I have a Rainshadow 2 myself.

Hammock
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images

Smile

Yup, I totally agree - I just figured someone might want a really nice ground option for some trip. I can imagine some PCT'er start on the ground down south, then bounce it out at a maildrop and migrate to a hammock as they move further north for example.

Anyways, I identify more with hammocks now so I thought I'd offer it here first.

John

Quote Originally Posted by olzeke View Post
    Since I am relatively new here, I cannot imagine a tent having much action on a hammock forum. Hopefully, it will sell soon, or you have cross posted this on a BP'er board. I know lots of BP'ers like Henry's creations. I have a Rainshadow 2 myself.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by olzeke View Post
    you'd be surprised!!

Most of us are gear junkies! and sometimes, a tent is necessary (above tree line)

BTW, Nice looking tent...
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Animalcontrol, thanks for your comments about the good looking tent. In the interest of full disclosure, those pictures are actually from the Henry Shires Tarptent site because there's too much snow on the ground here in the northeast to go pitch the tent for photo ops!

In any case the tent is like-new, if not better :-)

Quote Originally Posted by animalcontrol View Post
    BTW, Nice looking tent...

Banned
    Images
    hehe, I just bought a 2011 model (ok, it's not officially released yet... suppose to be later this month... but, I already paid for it)... if you are a hammock user and still need a tent, and do not wanting to drop $500 bucks for the "HMG Echo 1" or the new "ZPacks HexaNet Solo" (I have both of those) than the TarpTent Rainbow is one of the best UL tents out there, that actually has room inside of it.

Hammock
    DIY Table Cloth/ Jerry 5
    Tarp
    11x12' Hex Sil
    Insulation
    Various UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing or Etrunks
    Images
    While, I own the double rainbow and I love it. Can't go wrong with a Henry Shires tent. The rainbow line of tents is a very stable design and my double rainbow has withstood many miles on the trail. The double rainbow is a stable platform so I would assume the single would be even more so.
    Last edited by packeagle; 02-09-2011 at 16:15. Reason: Concern for the continuity of this thread.

Hammock
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Hey packeagle - the Rainbow is a fine Shires tent for sure. As a reminder - this is a Rainbow, not double Rainbow. So it's great for one person with vestibule space outside, adjustable bathtub netting all around and so on, but just for one. Like a hammock, just for one!

John

Quote Originally Posted by packeagle View Post
    I own the double rainbow and i love it. Its nice for trips with my girlfriend, or when weight is my utmost concern. I take the same sleeping bag and pad I would use in the hammock, plus split the tent in half and share with who ever I'm hiking with.

Hammock
    DIY Table Cloth/ Jerry 5
    Tarp
    11x12' Hex Sil
    Insulation
    Various UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing or Etrunks
    Images
    Si. But the overall design is very similar, with the double being a scaled up version. I guess i may have muddied the water a bit in my attempt to show my admiration for the general design and workmanship of the Henry Shires. What I say still stands and take from it what you may about the quality and design of a Shires product.

THIS IS THE SINGLE PERSON VERSION.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast