DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawldaddy View Post
    did someone delete my name? : (
    Opps... not intentionally. It's in the latest list now

Quote Originally Posted by Crawldaddy View Post
    Im a little confused. Is the campsite near where we park our cars or do we backpack in a ways?
    The group site has parking. The mention of hiking to a camp site was only for those that would rather camp somewhere quieter & more private than the group site.

The group site is surrounded by forest on one side & the main campground on the other side. Our group members using the group site can either be very near the center of camp (& their cars) or they can spread out into the surrounding wooded area.
    Those wanting to be even further away from the campground could actually hike down one of several trails (even to the AT) & find a more secluded spot.

Note; The group site shares a paved parking area w/ the campgrounds General Store, so parking spaces will be limited.
    If we have over a certain number of cars, they will probably ask us to park some of them in other parking spaces & have someone from our group drive you into camp. Of course, you could drive to the group site to unload your stuff before parking elsewhere if you like.

More to come on this, along w/ a park map.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    I will be backpacking in the park that weekend. I hope it is alright to stop by and meet you guys.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl + TTTG Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Donkey View Post
    I will be backpacking in the park that weekend. I hope it is alright to stop by and meet you guys.
    Come on in. Depending on what time you arrive, some of us will be doing a hammock camping display near the festival site. Just look for teh hammocks at the Group camping area near the park store.
    Rockdawg69

It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock and Roll ----- those hills!!!

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    We should probably talk a little more about any specifics of what we want to do for the "Hammock Camping Demo", as well as confirm which meals we will plan to do "Group Style".
    I'll make a few general suggestions but I'm wide open, so feel free to suggest other wise.

My impression is that on Friday some of our folks will be getting there all through out the day. Also, I've not been to the Festival on Friday, and I'm not sure how busy it is that day.
    So I'm wondering if we want to plan on doing our "Hammock Camping Demo" through most of the day Sat only.
    We would need to get up, finish breakfast early Sat morn, & go set up at the festival.
    Hopefully a good number from our group will volunteer to spend some time answering questions at the demo. Not everyone will need to of course, but if we have several willing to help, we can be free to switch off for bathroom breaks, to eat, or just wander around the festival. Some may want to spend some time day hiking on Sat.
    I plan to be at the festival & taking part in the demo most all day.

HF Banners are being worked on but I'm not sure if we will have them ready by then or not.

I'm thinking maybe we have talked about having some of the group foods (Gumbo, etc) on Fri eve, right?
    And maybe a group breakfast Sat???
    I'll try to get details about the foods they will be serving with-in smelling distance of our hammock demo. I'll probably eat Sat lunch there, & maybe Sat Supper too unless y'all want to do a group meal Sat eve.

I know that some folks tend to take off early on Sunday morn. I'm usually in no hurry to rush off. One thing that has been a number of times when camping/backpacking from GHSP is to go to the Log Cabin Restaurant for lunch on Sunday. It's about a 20 minute drive from the State Park.

Just a few suggestions for starters.
    Of course some will wander off here & there & do their own thing, but it would be good to decide on at least a couple group meals & the hammock demo plans for all those that want to take part.

Hammock
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Park map...
    http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state_pa...nhighlands.pdf
    You can see the main park road listed as Grayson Highland Lane.
    The first road to the right is were the festival will be, seen as Wayne C. Henderson Stage, Homestead Area.
    The second road to the right is the road leading to the campground.

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    My impression is that on Friday some of our folks will be getting there all through out the day. Also, I've not been to the Festival on Friday, and I'm not sure how busy it is that day.

I'm thinking maybe we have talked about having some of the group foods (Gumbo, etc) on Fri eve, right?
    And maybe a group breakfast Sat???
    I'll try to get details about the foods they will be serving with-in smelling distance of our hammock demo. I'll probably eat Sat lunch there, & maybe Sat Supper too unless y'all want to do a group meal Sat eve.
    I can make Gumbo on Friday or Saturday. My family should be there early Friday. We are going to be heading that way Thursday late afternoon/early evening.

Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    I wish I could make the trip. Sounds like its going to be a fun time.

In your planning, set some time for a group picture so we can see all that attended. I recommend right after a group meal when most everyone is there. The raffle keeps them hanging around too. ZQ and I will send something down for the raffle in our absence.

Hopefully someone will be documenting the event with video ?? I'm looking forward to see what I missed.
    Ya'll have a great time!
    2Q
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    2QZQ tree table!

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I can bring a 10x10ft pop up canopy and a 4ft folding table that we can use at the group hang and or for the Hammock demo.

Counting down the days...
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    So what's for Breakfast?
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Hammock
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumbo View Post
    I can make Gumbo on Friday or Saturday. My family should be there early Friday. We are going to be heading that way Thursday late afternoon/early evening.
    I'm good w/ which ever night you guys decide for the Gumbo. It has been nice at previous group hangs were there was a prepared meal like that on Fri eve, especially for late arrivals.
    But... a group meal of some kind would be good for Sat eve as well, considering that's when I think that's when we will be having the raffle. Everyone will want to be there for that
    Of course that meal could be brats or whatever.
    Come to think of it, you will probably need more prep time for the Gumbo & might have to leave the festival sooner than you want to get it started. Simple might be better Sat eve.

Looking forward to meeting you & yours.
    I'm hoping to be there by around noon Fri.

• + New Posts
  • Page 18 of 56 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast