DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Thanks to Gunner76
    Here are Spreadsheet links for...
    Group Meals... https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0
    Attendees https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0
    Hammock Education Event ... https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0
    These have been added to the first post of this thread as well.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    This thread reminding me about Swiss Candles makes me think I need to make a couple to take to GHSP.
    So I'll plan to.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=38521

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Alrighty...are you guys ready for 3 Ohioans? Looks like we are good to go. I am new and have only been on one official hang so far, so I'm in more need of the educational aspect than being able to educate. The hang I went on was with absolutely wonderful people, which I'm looking so forward to meeting more of you. The hike in was hard on me. I'm choosing this trip because it doesn't involve hiking, unless by choice, I can learn some more, to get my son out, and my mom wants to see the views while on the drive. This works for us all. My mom is 65 and wants the car very near...she doesn't think she will be able to do the "hammock thing" as she puts it (as a matter of fact she was going to help us set up and then go to a hotel). I think I will be able to set her up nice enough that she will be fine in a hammock (my only concern right now is keeping all 3 of us warm enough). My son is 13 and will love everyone and everything about the trip.

It's one heck of a long drive for us, but if your all still willing, then we will be there. If my son stays on top of his school work, and not miss any days, I may just take him out that Friday so we can be there very late Friday afternoon, early evening...say around 4 or 4:30 pm

Is there a fee for the site? Is there a fee for the festival? What things would you all like me to bring down with me? What time are you all planning on eating Friday night....is that gumbo night? I will also look at the spread sheets and put down things..unless there is something particular you'd like me to bring.

Thanks a bunch everyone

Hammock
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DivaB View Post
    Alrighty...are you guys ready for 3 Ohioans? Looks like we are good to go. I am new and have only been on one official hang so far, so I'm in more need of the educational aspect than being able to educate. The hang I went on was with absolutely wonderful people, which I'm looking so forward to meeting more of you. The hike in was hard on me. I'm choosing this trip because it doesn't involve hiking, unless by choice, I can learn some more, to get my son out, and my mom wants to see the views while on the drive. This works for us all. My mom is 65 and wants the car very near...she doesn't think she will be able to do the "hammock thing" as she puts it (as a matter of fact she was going to help us set up and then go to a hotel). I think I will be able to set her up nice enough that she will be fine in a hammock (my only concern right now is keeping all 3 of us warm enough). My son is 13 and will love everyone and everything about the trip.

It's one heck of a long drive for us, but if your all still willing, then we will be there. If my son stays on top of his school work, and not miss any days, I may just take him out that Friday so we can be there very late Friday afternoon, early evening...say around 4 or 4:30 pm

Is there a fee for the site? Is there a fee for the festival? What things would you all like me to bring down with me? What time are you all planning on eating Friday night....is that gumbo night? I will also look at the spread sheets and put down things..unless there is something particular you'd like me to bring.

Thanks a bunch everyone
    Good to hear. We'll look forward to meeting you, your son & your mom.
    This is the perfect opportunity for you to learn more about using your hammocks.
    Glad your willing to make the long drive to join us.

Perhaps some of us can come up w/ extra insulation (top & bottom) if it's needed for any of you.

The raffle we are planning should more than take care of the fee for the camp site. We actually need to decide where to donate the extra if we go over the cost of the campsite.
    I'll have to check to be sure but I think the only fee for the festival is a "per car" fee... maybe $5 or so, but I'll let you know.

What to bring... One thing that I don't think has been mentioned is camp chairs.
    Bring clothing to keep you each warm at cooler temps than you might expect. We'll be at a noticeably higher elevation. Check the state park web link in the first post of this thread to see current weather info for the park.

You may want to buy food at the festival for at least one meal.
    And those who choose to do so may go to an area restaurant for lunch on Sunday.
    As far as food to bring, check out the spread sheets & see what is needed there.

And yep, Fri eve is Gumbo night. I'm told it's GREAT

Looking forward to it!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl + TTTG Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    Thanks to Gunner76
    Here are Spreadsheet links for...
    Group Meals... https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0
    Attendees https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0
    Hammock Education Event ... https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0
    These have been added to the first post of this thread as well.
    Thanks Gunner and Slowhike. I've been away from a computer for about a week so I am way behind on my support. Catching up now.
    I committed to venison sausage for breakfast and rice for Gumbo's gumbo. Also a dessert for Sat night - either dutch oven cobblers or I can also include a Monkey Bread for variety. I can also bring bacon for Sat breakfast if needed.
    I'm bringing 2 dutch ovens, one 2-burner coleman stove, camp cook set, pots for Gumbo's gumbo and rice and some other miscellaneous stuff. I think I have a large blue tarp (12 x 20) and I can "borrow" some poles and stakes from my Scout troop.

We need tables for cooking, etc. - are there some at the site we can move around to consolidate into one spot????
    Rockdawg69

It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock and Roll ----- those hills!!!

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Hammock
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    I just remembered - we will need some water containers for cooking and cleanup. Anyone have some 5 gallon igloos they can bring would be appreciated. I hate having to go for water every time I need to wash something. Also, my camp set has a top that can be used as the big dishpan for cleanup at the end of a meal.
    Rockdawg69

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Hammock
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    I going to suggest we all take care of lunch on our on for Saturday since there will be food at the festival which would make our travel load a little lighter.
    I've added a couple of more items to the spreadsheet. Somebody fix the "row width" I can't seem to find the necessary tool in the header.
    Rockdawg69

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Straps, D. Buckles
    Images
    And yep, Fri eve is Gumbo night. I'm told it's GREAT

Looking forward to it!
    Trust me on this... it is!!
    However, it will be Saturday night, not Friday. We are confident we'll be there by Friday night, but to get there (from Florida) in time to get our site set up and get dinner fixed for everyone (by dinnertime) is just too iffy to commit to the first night.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockdawg69 View Post
    we will need some water containers for cooking and cleanup. Anyone have some 5 gallon igloos they can bring would be appreciated. I hate having to go for water every time I need to wash something.
    We have a couple of 3 gallon camp showers that we use for "running water" for hand washing and KP. We also have a supply of Itsandy's Boat-a-Bags (that are for sale) that work great for this. Will we be able to fill them there or do we need to bring water from home?

The raffle we are planning should more than take care of the fee for the camp site. We actually need to decide where to donate the extra if we go over the cost of the campsite.
    I say we buy a pony!!!
    HangCon Sign Up:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

So many trees, so little time...

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Straps, D. Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockdawg69 View Post
    I've added a couple of more items to the spreadsheet. Somebody fix the "row width"
    Done.
    Check it out though, to make sure it's what you want.
    HangCon Sign Up:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

So many trees, so little time...

Hammock
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberrr View Post
    Trust me on this... it is!!
    However, it will be Saturday night, not Friday. We are confident we'll be there by Friday night, but to get there (from Florida) in time to get our site set up and get dinner fixed for everyone (by dinnertime) is just too iffy to commit to the first night.
    I'm easily confused. Thanks for getting the facts strait

We have a couple of 3 gallon camp showers that we use for "running water" for hand washing and KP. We also have a supply of Itsandy's Boat-a-Bags (that are for sale) that work great for this. Will we be able to fill them there or do we need to bring water from home?
    Good. I like having plenty of water close by. Even a couple more water storage containers might be handy. I'll see if I have something.
    Also I found it handy to put warm water in something like one of the igloo containers in camp around meal time so you have running warm water as well.
    There will be a water spigot at the edge of our group site I believe.

I say we buy a pony!!!
    Cool! We'll put the HF logo on it & take it to various HF Hammock Hangs

• + New Posts
  • Page 22 of 56 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast