Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ldcakes View Post
    If you're going to put bags in hot water may I suggest you use the "freezer" zip locks not the storage for safety.
    Yes, I should have said one gallon freezer bags. Good catch Debbie!

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockdawg69 View Post
    Great idea. since I'm bringing a bunch of stuff needing a cooler, I can do just taht with the rice. Will save a bunch of pots and mostly "time".
    Thanks for the tip.
    And it lets you sit back and enjoy the evenings festivities!

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumbo View Post
    And it lets you sit back and enjoy the evenings festivities!
    YES! And Less to wash!!!
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl + TTTG Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Yes, I should have said one gallon freezer bags. Good catch Debbie!
    I meant "hot" bags for storing after cooking. They are AL foil and can be used for storage for a couple hours without losing too much heat. However, freezer bags are right for what you folks were just talking about - re-heating in hot water.
    The rice problem is solved by cooking ahead at home, storing on ice, and heating in freezer bags instead of cooking onsite and storing until the meal
    Rockdawg69

It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock and Roll ----- those hills!!!

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Phoenix,LHBR,PP
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Needed items for sat supper

Had thought about bringing bread, but noticed that someone has already committed to bringing bread. If there is another need, just let me know.

Hammock
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Quote Originally Posted by ldcakes View Post
    YES! And Less to wash!!!
    Id cakes,
    clean you PM box. It is full. The answer is Real Butter and Home-made syrup.
    Rockdawg69

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Hammock
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    HELP! Okay folks, we are now up to 43 campers in a site for 35. I realize some are still ?possibles? but we need to do a little more planning. First we probably need some more folks to step up to help with Sat breakfast and the Sat evening meal. Take a look at the spreadsheets Slowhike has setup at Post #1 and see where you can assist. So far we have 3 Coleman 2-burner stoves. We might need another one, plus propane. We could use another pound of bacon, and some more eggs for the burritos (PM Idcakes to see what she needs), plus paper goods. We have not discussed drinks. Water will be available. If you want something else, bring your own and/or bring something to throw in the community pile. Sweet tea would be great, Gatorade/Powerade, etc. Remember that alcohol is prohibited in State Parks.

Lastly, some folks may need to plan on backpacking and camping over near the AT. Slowhike has furnished trail maps and paper copies will be at the camp site. We will talk with Rangers on Friday to see how to accommodate everyone.
    Thanks for your help
    Rockdawg69

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    HELP! Okay folks, we are now up to 43 campers in a site for 35. I realize some are still ?possibles? but we need to do a little more planning. First we probably need some more folks to step up to help with Sat breakfast and the Sat evening meal. Take a look at the spreadsheets Slowhike has setup at Post #1 and see where you can assist. So far we have 3 Coleman 2-burner stoves. We might need another one, plus propane. We could use another pound of bacon, and some more eggs for the burritos (PM Idcakes to see what she needs), plus paper goods. We have not discussed drinks. Water will be available. If you want something else, bring your own and/or bring something to throw in the community pile. Sweet tea would be great, Gatorade/Powerade, etc. Remember that alcohol is prohibited in State Parks.

Lastly, some folks may need to plan on backpacking and camping over near the AT. Slowhike has furnished trail maps and paper copies will be at the camp site. We will talk with Rangers on Friday to see how to accommodate everyone.
    Thanks for your help
    I'm camping on the trail so anyone who wants to join me are welcome! It's only a mile to the shelter on the AT.
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I know my daughter wants to see the ponies. I don't think she ever forgave me for getting rid of hers when she was 6.
    Got room in the van?

Since the group site is near a parking area, do we have to worry about leaving any gear at the campsite?
    I don't think there will be any need for concern about leaving gear in the parked, locked cars at the campsite.

I should be there on Thursday afternoon. Probably have to hike in to Wise Shelter and hang for the night. A little hiking Friday morning and back to group site by 0900/1000. I'll have a boat load of stuff to off-load Friday - fire wood (pecan from GA), Set up large tarp (12x24), arrange picnic tables, camp cook set, dutch ovens, cooler(s), gas bottle, pots, Coleman stove, water igloo, etc.
    I don't know if I will be there by 10am but I'll try to not be much later than that so I can help you setting up.
    Are you planning to use the igloo for cold drinking water? If so, I may buy another one that can be used for hot water around meal times.

I plan to bring fire wood as well. How much depends on how much you & others bring.
    And I'm planning to make a couple "Swedish Candles" too.

A note for all; don't forget that some (particularly those cooking) will be able to park at the group campsite, but most of us will need to off load our stuff & have one of the others drive up with us to the parking along the main park road & bring us back to camp.
    I'll find out how many of our cars there will be parking for at the camp.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Eno DL, Deep Jungle XL, Kammock Roo
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    RD69, might be an idea to talk to whomever is involved with regulating the numbers at the park and see what they say about overages. they may work with you, since hammockers dont usually use the normal areas that things like tents do.

just a suggestion based on a recent experience of mine, but as always YMMV. im excited that this has grown so fast!!!
    Give a man fire and he's warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Dante

• + New Posts
  • Page 36 of 56 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast