DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Images
    Thanks but that was her ebay address, she has an actual website that was in the thread that has been removed.... That's what I'm looking for...

Here thread on why she has been removed...

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=29786
    Happy Hangin'

Paul - Master Fabric Welder @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Oh ok. I didn't know she had an actual address. She just left her e-mail and said she would do deals that way. I understand where HF is coming from though.

Fronkey

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Images
    do you have her email add...if you do could you PM it to me....I'd like to order some fabric through her...
    Happy Hangin'

Paul - Master Fabric Welder @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis &amp; Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    TOS for vendors is very specific. The two pertinent sections are:
    H. Unless you are a source manufacturer, or your mix of products centers around a hammock specific product manufactured by your company, HF does not allow the marketing activities of retailers. You are welcome to post and take part in discussions, but please refrain from soliciting HF members in the public threads. Any abusive PMing or emailing of product offerings will not be tolerated and your membership shall be revoked if such activities are reported to the moderators or administrators of this site.

I. Vendors and resellers are not welcome to post their sales in the Marketplace. Dumping extra inventory, even if it’s a good deal for HF’s members, violates the essentially non-commercial nature of our site.
    No problem whatsoever for members to link to the store, to post about her deals, even sales when they occur. We will just not allow Hammock Forums to become a place of transactions instead of the place of information that it is currently. For that reason, the vendor rules here are narrow and have to be enforced evenly and consistently.
    Trust nobody!

Images
    But as long as the offered deal comes as word-of-mouth from a non-affiliated user (no kickbacks or referral fees) it doesn't violate the TOS tough, right?"

"Rachel says she'll ship flat-rate for $5 if you contact her directly at ____@_______ and note you are a HF member"

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis &amp; Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OneEye View Post
    But as long as the offered deal comes as word-of-mouth from a non-affiliated user (no kickbacks or referral fees) it doesn't violate the TOS tough, right?"

"Rachel says she'll ship flat-rate for $5 if you contact her directly at ____@_______ and note you are a HF member"
    That is correct. Sharing is fantastic; selling is not.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Deluxe Zip
    Tarp
    HH HexFly
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ New River
    Suspension
    Rings w/Caribiner
    Quote Originally Posted by OneEye View Post

Ok, here is the info everyone is asking about. First, I must confess that I am the reason that Rachel posted here with the reduced shipping cost for HF members. I found her through an old thread here from back in 2008 and through that I found her ebay site. I contacted her by email about some of her ripstop and she offered to send me some samples. Since I am not that knowledgeable on fabrics, I contacted someone who I knew was very much on top with that (MAD777). I had Rachel send the fabrics to Mike and he evaluated them and started this thread. With that I contacted her and made a purchase. I told her that my only concern and that of several who had mentioned her was that her shipping was over priced. I suggested she see how much ripstop she could get in a $4.95 Priority Mail box and go with that. She emails me that she could offer shipping at a better price for the HF members which she posted as up to 10 yards would be $5.00 flat rate and anything above 10 yards would be FREE SHIPPING. You have access in this post to her ebay site and a contact email for her. This offer as I understand it is for orders placed directly through her email address with a return reply from her with availability and the total to be payed through her Paypal account. Make sure if you email her that you mention your a member of HF for the shipping. She will also do International Shipments at the exact cost is what she stated. I hope I have stated all this correctly from what I recall of her post.

I never considered a violation of the TOS and I was in Daytona for Bike Week and told her to just make a post since I was unavailable to use my computer. Seems that her post was considered solicitation for an item not specific for hammocking. I agree with what I understand of the reasoning provided by the mods that it is a fine line and we as members do not want this to turn into a venue to provide general vendors a marketplace to sell their products.

Her website is: http://stores.ebay.com/Fabricsupplier and her email contact is: [email protected].
    While not a "vendor" by HF standards, she is a fantastic resource for the fabrics we use. I will continue to order from her and hope that others take advantage of the deals she has to offer.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7 Leftie + Traveler
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY Artic KaroStep
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    Images
    I just finished a 11.5' indoor Hammock/bed with her 72" wide material and I have to say
    it's my best lay yet!

Hammock
    DIY DigiCamo Hennessy Clone
    Tarp
    DIY Hex tarp
    Insulation
    Modded CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies!
    Images
    I can appreciate that she came here to offer reduced shipping and free shipping to us. Sometimes if something rides the line of a ToS violation it should be given the benefit of the doubt. I see her fabrics and her prices, and some of these fabrics are hard to find for the price, someone can save a lot of money doing a DIY setup using her fabrics. I know I will be purchasing some fabrics from her in the near future.
    Fulfillment is living a life that makes the lives of others worth living.
    DIY is addicting and fulfilling!
    "If guns kill people, then pencils mispell words, cars cause people to drink and drive, and spoons made Rosie O'donnell fat."

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234